Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Transporting from California to Colorado
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slider
I'm getting ready to move back to Colorado and i need to get my 914 out there has anybody dealt with a good auto transport business that can do the run an info or bits of advice would be wonderful I just cant stand the thought of leaving my teener at my dads house for 6mos or so...

Any help would be direly appreciated..

Soon to be CO bound

Chris
Sleepin
Where in Colorado are you going? You could always fly me out there and let me drive her out! biggrin.gif

I have not dealt with any transporters...I could never trust anyone except myself! Glad to hear another member is going to be here though....Colorado 914'ers are a pretty good group!
Slider
Im moving to Fort Collins.

I have heard alot of good things about the Colorado Crew from the CA crew that ive talked to. im looking forward to be living back in Colorado !

and cant stand the thought of not having my teener with me im gonna have to drool over someone elses 914 until mine gets out here

I want to get to know the CO crew im just hoping my drive starting on thursday will go good and CO wont get hit with alot of snow..
Sleepin
Well if you need anything while passing through Grand Junction, just let me know!
Gint
Welcome back! Ft. Fun eh? We have a couple of guys up there too.

1-5" today in Denver (much more in the mountains) and more due Thursday! Drive safe. I've driven from CA to Denver in the snow many times and it can be a real bitch. Go to the Colorado-914 link in my sig and get signed up.
mack914-6
All you need for that snowy drive to Colorado is a new set of 914 snow chains. I'm selling them on ebay. happy11.gif av-943.gif shades.gif
Merry Christmas santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif

Mack
Slider
Thanks Gint,

I will sign up with Colorado 914 and i look forward to getting to know everyone!

im leaving the 27th in a couple days although im not sure when my 914 is gonna come out..

Chris

Thanks for the offer Mack..but chains are not allowed where im going..besides its a fair weather car..especially since it has no heaters right now.. Need some parts..
alpha434
Which route are you taking?
newto914s
I went with DAS(dependable auto shippers) I linked to them through an Ebay link, you get a little better quote. I was very happy with the service. -$350 to ship from Vegas to Denver, arrived two days early. Turned out the battery was dead, they had to tow it onto the truck and roll it off and they didn't charge me the extra $100+ for a non-op vehical. Their depots are tow/impound lots, so if you don't like dealing with those folks then look else where, but they do a inspection before and after which you'd be able to sign off on. For me, I wouldn't have been able to drive out, or fly out and drive it back for the price I paid to have it shipped.
Good luck and welcome back.
Samson
boxstr
Call Kendra at Coast to COast and tell her that Craig at CAMP 914 said to call. 1-800-794-9009
It is an open carrier. They have done alot of transporting for me.
Good luck.
CCL
Slider
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Dec 25 2007, 08:40 AM) *

Which route are you taking?

well i am planning on taking the 15N to the 70E to the 25N

but i hear its snowing currently out there.. so i might have to go 40E to the 25N
Ferg
agree.gif With Craig, I have used them. If they don't do your specific areas, ask her for a recommendation. I did when I needed to get a six to San Diego, and she hooked me up with a private outfit. I just called them and the number does not work, but she may know someone else.

Ferg
michaelt55
DAS is a nightmare....ask HalM or myself...too expensive

Go Uship.com, ask for DocBob...I shipped 2 914s thru them..they do a great job.

Michael
warrenoliver
QUOTE(Slider @ Dec 25 2007, 01:03 AM) *

I'm getting ready to move back to Colorado and i need to get my 914 out there has anybody dealt with a good auto transport business that can do the run an info or bits of advice would be wonderful I just cant stand the thought of leaving my teener at my dads house for 6mos or so...

Any help would be direly appreciated..

Soon to be CO bound

Chris

Chris,

I used Enclosed Vehicle Transport. I shipped in January from California to Wisconsin. I was very pleased with the service. They haul cars and bikes in big gooseneck, triple axle trailers. They are pricey, but I felt it was well worth it to keep the car out of the snow and salt.
I did contact "Coast to Coast" like Craig suggested, but at that time, they were only running up and down the coast.

Good luck

Warrenoliver
effutuo101
Have fun in Colorado. Great group of people up there. The last time I shipped a car, it was two weeks late because of snow. Spend the extra $ and get an enclosed trailer. It took three trips to the self wash to get my Jetta clean on an open carrier. Take 15N to 40E. Then do the Rt 66 thing through to Sante Fe NM. Then north on I25. Fun trip and lots of pit stops on the way.
boxstr
I had my 28 Ford roadster pickup transported by Glory Transport, a husband and wife team. Enclosed carrier, the cost from Colorado to CAMP 914 was $950.
Call 720-530-2836.
CCL
jonferns
i used www.ableautotransport.com

they find you the cheapest carrier at the transport dates you request. I had my 914 shipped from CA to NJ, for $880.

IPB Image

-JON smile.gif
Slider
Thanks everyone for the advice. Im now finally in Colorado with all the snow but it feels good to be back in CO Now i have to take my Jetta in to get it washed .. and get all of the road grime and diesel off of it. I was almost thinking i was going to get ahold of Sleepin because i had heard that Vail pass was closed . im glad it wasnt but now i look forward to meeting the CO Crew. and hopefully in a couple weeks i will have my teener out here..ive been away from her a couple days now and i miss her.. not that i would be driving her in all this snow..

i was thinking of going open transport because the car isnt a show Car (yet) and it looks like i can get it from CA to CO for around $600. which is pretty good
Sleepin
IPB Image

piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
Gint
Grats! I just got back from Kevin's house. driving.gif
TINCAN914
Glad you got in safe and sound. maybe in a few weeks we will have a make up for the X-mas party most of us missed at Greg's, then you would have a chance to meet most of us.. beerchug.gif
Slider
Sounds great let me know if there is a makeup christmas party i would be game! I had a great time with the SoCal Crew i want to meet the CO crew!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.