Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merry Christmas to All of You ! ! !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTPatrick
Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you . May you have a Prosperous , Safe and Happy New Year too ! ! !

We all are grateful for something this time of year . For me , it's my 17 yr old son who is visiting with me for our Christmas visitation ( divorced , ex move out of town with kids , etc. 8 yrs ago ) . It's really great to have him around here , It gets lonely sometimes without having him around here . So go and give your kids a big hug today .

Also , to the men in the military , past , present and future , who out there away from your fmaily , friends and loved ones ,. Merry Christmas to all of you and come home safely .

One more point here, for those here who are alone this time of year . Things could be worse . My Dad's old Army unit , the 78th. Infantry Div. , was fighting in the Battle of the Bulge along the northern borders of that battle this time of year baack in 1944 . It was damn cold and a very dangerous place to be . Most of them made it thru but many made the ultimate sacrifice for us so we can enjoy our freedoms that we have and the ability to celebrate Christmas in the manner that we want to .

Ciao for now fellow teeners.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and . wreath.gif

GTP beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Dec 25 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you . May you have a Prosperous , Safe and Happy New Year too ! ! !

We all are grateful for something this time of year . For me , it's my 17 yr old son who is visiting with me for our Christmas visitation ( divorced , ex move out of town with kids , etc. 8 yrs ago ) . It's really great to have him around here , It gets lonely sometimes without having him around here . So go and give your kids a big hug today .

Also , to the men in the military , past , present and future , who out there away from your fmaily , friends and loved ones ,. Merry Christmas to all of you and come home safely .

One more point here, for those here who are alone this time of year . Things could be worse . My Dad's old Army unit , the 78th. Infantry Div. , was fighting in the Battle of the Bulge along the northern borders of that battle this time of year baack in 1944 . It was damn cold and a very dangerous place to be . Most of them made it thru but many made the ultimate sacrifice for us so we can enjoy our freedoms that we have and the ability to celebrate Christmas in the manner that we want to .

Ciao for now fellow teeners.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and . wreath.gif

GTP beerchug.gif

I echo the Merry Christmas & vet thing. I still miss many of my buddies & high school chums who went in with me during the second Tet (Vietnam), as well as my father, who helped transport the bomb that ended WW2. So many heroes, and it's a shame that they had to be heroes! Godspeed to all fallen ones!

The best Xmas present I've gotten in years came this year, and it was simple.

A Craftsman seat & tool carrier! In recent years I've noted that I have no meat on my knees (happens when you get older). So, working under the fenders of my 72 became painful - wife to the rescue. I know it's a simple, basic thing for any garage, but I tried to ignore ageing - lost that battle.

So, know I can comfortably remove those ancient brakes & get them to Eric.

Originally asked for a set of period-correct Michelins from Coker, but got shot down because of the price. Guess I'll just have to get them myself.

But, at least, no more bloody/bruised knees!
Pat
dflesburg
Christmas presents are for women and children.
rick 918-S
Happy holidays! and thank all of you for your service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.