Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early vs Late '72 equipment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
Just curious - sometime in mid-72 a change was made from the non-retractable seatbelts, old-style jack, etc.

Anyone know the break point?

My completion date was 5/23/72 & I have the newer components.

Pat
slackin' at work
not sure of the break-point, but Im an early 72 with a date of 11/71.

I too would be interested to know the change-over month.
SirAndy
if i recall correctly, it was established that there was no cutoff date. new items where phased in as old items ran out of stock.

there's quite a few '72 cars that are oddly mixed/matched.

for example, there's some '72 cars that have the moveable pass. seat, but still use the early door window mechanisms.

bye1.gif Andy
914Sixer
I looked at an early 9/73 parts car that had the old style window winder. I think it was as Andy said, they used them when they got the new pieces. Same way with the 74 gauges, some had silver bullets, late ones did not. There was also a rear hard line brake change in 74 when the pressure regulators went to a different configuration.
GWN7
The window end caps changed in 72 also. I had someone order the new style and then find out they needed the older style......unfortunatly I didn't ask for their vin #
davep
All 1972 should have the early door window parts since the changeover was in the 1973 model year.
Slider
mines a 1/72 and it has the
adjustable pass seat
new jack
retractable seat belts
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Slider @ Jan 2 2008, 12:10 AM) *

mines a 1/72 and it has the
adjustable pass seat
new jack
retractable seat belts

Go's to show what Andy said - mixed bag!
GWN7
QUOTE(davep @ Dec 29 2007, 06:04 AM) *

All 1972 should have the early door window parts since the changeover was in the 1973 model year.

My 72 V8 car has the late style window ends.....and someone who ordered early style ones needs the late ones for his 72 car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.