Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tagtmeyer914
if your fuel pump has a stuck valve for the d port is it possible to cap it off and use the r port and connect the r hose directly back? after all after it has a y connection and the 75 + cars use a 2 port pump. any input?
Cap'n Krusty
No. After all, apples are are round, and so are oranges, so why can't you use apples to make orange juice? The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 26 2007, 06:27 PM) *

No. After all, apples are are round, and so are oranges, so why can't you use apples to make orange juice? The Cap'n

thumb3d.gif
tagtmeyer914
it was just a thought considering i have two fuel pumps doing the same thing. i may try wd 4o or gumout first just to see what happens i dont know if i want to try taking it apart. does anybody have a parts diagram of onr of these pumps?
swl
If you were going to try something like that, and I'm not saying you should, the way to do would be to remove the valve, seal up passage it was in and then run as a two port.

Disassembling the pump is no biggie. Just the 4 screws you see on the face. The problem is reassembling. There are 2 big o-rings in there that tend to expand like crazy when they come out. You have to dry them off immediately and then leave them for a while a while to retake their shape. If you try to use them again without being back to appropriate size you will probably wind up with a leaking pump.

you will be able to see the valve and the point where it sticks. You will not be able to remove the valve. To do that you have to remove the cap and they don't go back on well.
tagtmeyer914
got the fuel pump working. correct fuel pressure and all. f****! i used a battery charger to try and start it there goes the control unit. time for carburators?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.