914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotus_65
1970 911t wide body
born for Italy, brought to the states in 1980
moved north from New Mexico in '07, no rust
runs good, stuck in 1st gear.
$6499.00 obo
Click to view attachment

He said he monkeyed around with the clutch adjustment, drove it, parked it and now it's stuck.
he bought a clutch but it's not installed. i wonder if it's the linkage?

Paul
confused24.gif
rick 918-S
May be the coupler.. ph34r.gif could be a good donor av-943.gif
i love porsche
is it me, or do those fronts look like 911 rallye flares, id say go for it,
sixgt
I was thinking the same thing. Look like the ST flares. Glass or steel conversion? I'd say it's a pretty good deal.
lotus_65
i'm still waiting on the details of the conversion

needs carpet and wiring, looks like...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
lotus_65
mo

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

lotus_65
last
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Looks like a good deal for the price! aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
Buy it and buy an RSR rear bumper, ditch the deco on the front bumper, ditch the reflector, swap the tail for a duck, ditch the mirrors, polish the paddles on the wheels...

You've got a smoke'n start on an ST or RSR clone. Hopefully the body is in steel. Looks like a very cool green color underneath it all.

Price is "decent". Keep in mind, you'll probably spend a grand getting the tranny right. (you'll probably spend another $10k before you're happy). BUT... early 911's are getting scarce.
iamchappy
Paul, if i had the spare cash I'd be all over this. Go for it.
r_towle
If you pass, let me know offline via email.
Stuck in 1st, I would attack linkage first. I bet something is messed up.

Rich
lotus_65
anyone know is there any difference in the italian specs vs u.s.?

engine/induction/exhaust etc?
jaminM3
Go for it!

At that price you can't lose thumb3d.gif
Eric_Shea
anyone know is there any difference in the italian specs vs u.s.?

Get the actual engine number. If it's stock it should be a 911/03. This is exactly the same as the US counterpart 911/07. 125hp and 130 ftlb at 4200.

Thr front flares look to be special but the rears look to be standard 930 flavor. All hard to say from pictures. The fronts may be special (if they're metal) because it was very rare to have flares available for a long hood. That phase/fad didn't "really" come on strong until the 930 hit the market. If you recall... lot's of long hoods were being converted to the short hood big bumper cars. It looks as though this one "almost" ended up that way. It was probably too much work... that also might be a hint that fiberglass is lurking.
911quest
If the clutch is bad you should still be able to get it out of gear with the car not running if every thing is hooked up I would suspect a boggered 1st slider not cheap.
iamchappy
A good used 901 can still be found pretty cheap.
jim912928
hmmm....maybe swap that whale tail for a duck tail and make it more period correct....would be very cool!
Eric_Shea
A good used 901 can still be found pretty cheap.

That's a 911 tranny in 70 and 71. A little harder to find.
lotus_65
oh rats, i was thinking the same thing chappy was. not the same 901 box, eh eric?

still waiting for the call btw...
Eric_Shea
not the same 901 box, eh eric?

Not in a 70-71 car. Too bad. I just sold a couple of them to another fellow Minnesotian. biggrin.gif
lotus_65
'so-k,

it's a linkage problem anyway. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Did you find out more? Steel/Glass?
lotus_65
arrrgh, still waiting for him to call with a good time to meet.
I did ask him that last night in my e-mail when I asked for those pics, but he didn't say...

drumming my fingers on the table...
jim912928
There is an individual on the pelican board that is parting out two rusted out 70 911's....just in case you need tranny parts or linkage stuff.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=384489
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.