Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beamer13
Ok, need some advice from all you guru's. smiley_notworthy.gif Since I have the engine out now, I figured that I should pretty much go through those items that have a tendency to go on an engine. (even though the PO had just gone through the engine before the fire) So what I want to know is what do I need to do?? Do I replace all of the gaskets and seals?? Which ones should I do?? Anything else I should check while it's out??? Do I just leave it alone?? Where is the best place to get the gaskets?? Is there such a beast as a full gasket kit that has all the gaskets I need for my 1.8??
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Ron
Allan
I don't know if you really need to tear the motor down because of the fire, but if you decide to do it, there is a gasket set that has all of the gaskets except the front and rear main seals.
toon1
depends on what " the P.O. had just gone through it"means.

Did he go through it 5k ago or 50 k ago.

Is the engine leaking oil?

how is the compression?

pull a couple of lifters and look at the cam wear.

If these things are ok, other than the cosmetic things, run it!!

There are gasket kit's avail through Jake in the $50 range that come with everything you need to do a engine rebuild.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.