Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Year's Run Participation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Please let me know if you will be participating in the New Year's Run and whether or not you plan to attend the BBQ. If you could use the voting buttons at the top, that will help tremendously.

If you'd like more information (Andy) poke.gif see previous post:

New Year's Run Proposed Route

Well... it looked like VCR was NOT going to be open, but I just got a call back from Dustin at VCR. They ARE open... so proceed as planned!
SirAndy
where? when? why? who? what?

confused24.gif Andy
Allan
Looks like I'll be able to solo this one!!! aktion035.gif
gary gartner

Planning on me & the mechanic for the drive--
have to let you know tomorrow about the Que

Gary driving.gif
chowtime.gif ?????????
euro911
eurodiculous911: I plan to drive up to VCR?, then be a passenger in someone's vehicle on the run (with 1 compact video bag)
levonfarra
VCR is usually on Sundays. Is the drive going to be on Sunday the 30th or Tuesday the first ?

I could make it on Sunday the 30th.
Carlitos Way
Levon,

The run is actually going to be on Tuesday, the First. It's a "New Year's Tradition" so to speak.

Sorry to hear you can't make it... but we are planning on doing a pre-run on Saturday. Would you be available for that one?

C:>

levonfarra
What time is the pre run on Saterday ?
Allan
So I see from the poll numbers we have 3 cars so far? blink.gif
euro911
Hmmm ....

If there aren't that many going, may not bother doing a video and just drive a 914 up there then idea.gif

Brrrr - sure is cold here this AM .... when is Global Warming coming?
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(levonfarra @ Dec 27 2007, 09:32 PM) *

What time is the pre run on Saterday ?

Levon,

The pre-run is fairly informal. I suggested a time of 9:30, since I have to work until late on Friday night. I figured I can be up and about at 8, and get to a meeting place at 9:30.

P.S. If you can make it, even if it's last minute, call me: 818-825-1150
gary gartner

O K I will make the MDB2.gif
but will have to miss the jsharp.gif
Alan poll thingie won't let me vote---
and I believe that Steve, Ahdoman and Rick 2-Oh are planning on it
Gary
Carlitos Way
Keep 'em coming guys!

(gratuitous bump)
levonfarra
I will try to make it if I am not too hung over
Carlitos Way
I'm heading out to check out the proposed route. If anyone cares to join... VCR at 9:30, leave at 10:00 for a quick drive.

Carlitos Way
Just a brief update:

I went through the proposed route today.

All roads are open. However there's quite a bit of moisture on the road... gave myself a scare once, even going at a slightly more moderate pace than usual.

Should be a fun drive, taking about 90 minutes plus stops/breaks. We are scheduled to drive by The Rock Store and the Grandstands on Mulholland. I also saw a couple of cool places where we could stop for a group picture, depending how many cars we have.

So, if you haven't yet replied, please do so as soon as possible.
BMITCHELL
I'll be there with a lady friend.
Bob
Carlitos Way
That's awesome Bob!

Are you coming to the house afterwards?
BMITCHELL
Hope to but I might scare her with my driving. biggrin.gif First time she will be in the car with me.
2-OH!
I am in...Will be there in the old beat-up teener...Count me in for both drive and chow...

2-OH!
Brando
I'm Game!

Also, Post an address for the starting location please.
euro911
QUOTE(Brando @ Dec 30 2007, 12:52 PM) *
I'm Game! ...
Hmmm ... didn't know this was going to be a sporting event confused24.gif ... where's me buffalo gun boom.gif
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(Brando @ Dec 30 2007, 12:52 PM) *

I'm Game!

Also, Post an address for the starting location please.

Here is the address for Village Coffee Roaster:

Village Coffee Roaster
23351 Mulholland Dr.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364

It is about 400 feet south of the 101 Freeway, on Mulholland/Valley Circle exit (depending on which direction you're traveling)

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Don't forget, burgers (or some other good food - depending on the wife's mood) at my place afterwards:

1825 Williams St
Simi Valley, CA 93065

And to recap, the meeting time is 9:14. However, I don't expect we will hit the road until about 10:00 AM.

Carlitos Way
Thanks to everyone who has voted and let me know they were coming. I will be heading out to buy some food today. I'm thinking not just burgers... maybe a little tri tip as well.
Carlitos Way
OK. Here's the deal:

Burgers ... check
Buns ... check
Beer ... check
Soft Drinks ... check
Tri Tip... check
Wife's home-made salsa... check
Chips... check

Last chance to check in, please!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.