Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mysterious hand-brake boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
slackin' at work
I never thought there was an actual rubber boot that goes on the ebrake
(none of my previous 914s had one) but then I was reading a post here
and someone had made mention of one.

after searching and searching I can not find any info of it existing.
I checked pp, aa, etc and found no mention of it either.

is there one?
if so, anyone have a picture?

sorry if this is a silly question... Im still learning the nuances.
thanks
-chris
914Sixer
On the early cars the folding handbrake had a rubber boot on it.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Chris,

Handbrake boot on a '70/4.....
slackin' at work
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 28 2007, 04:05 PM) *

wow!
thanks guys!
beerchug.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Dec 28 2007, 08:16 PM) *

Chris,

Handbrake boot on a '70/4.....

Hey, I've got a new one somewhere in my stash of parts. If anyone needs one contact me. Is it specific for any year???

Tom
slackin' at work
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Dec 29 2007, 08:22 AM) *

Hey, I've got a new one somewhere in my stash of parts. If anyone needs one contact me. Is it specific for any year???

Tom

tom, I just sent you a PM.
since I obviously don't have one... Id love to get one!

-chris
TJB/914
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Dec 29 2007, 06:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Dec 29 2007, 08:22 AM) *

Tom

tom, I just sent you a PM.
since I obviously don't have one... Id love to get one!

-chris

Hi Chris,

I got your PM. I found the ebrake boot & wondering something?? What year 914's does it go on??? Early or Late???

Chris: Hold on till we find out what year it goes on. I need to find out if it goes on my 1974 914-4 before I sell it off.

Hey, Pat CW unsure.gif What year does it go on??? Sale pending.

Tom

1970 Neun vierzehn
An improved image of aforementioned boot (for a '70/4)
TJB/914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 28 2007, 01:05 PM) *

Hi Mark,
Can you clarify what early 914's had these rubber boots?? I have a sale pending if it's not for my 1974 914-4.

Thanks,
Tom

davep
I believe that all with the folding handle had the boot. That would mean up to the end of 1972 model year.
Pat Garvey
DaveP is correct. Folding handle brake, thru '72.

Pardon my not responding earlier - been with the "mothers" for the the past week in the midwest. My mother, who is 95 had the only usable PC, but I was tugged constantly this way & that way - no time for the World. Just got back tonight & now have to clean up after the fireplace fire we had before we left town. House covered in soot!

Tired from the drive & 2 hours of some cleanup. Someone please put me to sleep!

Pat
TJB/914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 31 2007, 07:20 PM) *

DaveP is correct. Folding handle brake, thru '72.

Pardon my not responding earlier - been with the "mothers" for the the past week in the midwest. My mother, who is 95 had the only usable PC, but I was tugged constantly this way & that way - no time for the World. Just got back tonight & now have to clean up after the fireplace fire we had before we left town. House covered in soot!

Tired from the drive & 2 hours of some cleanup. Someone please put me to sleep!

Pat

Hi Guys,

Pat, glad your safely home & take care of that fireplace cleanup. Your lucky it could have been a house fire.

I agree the rubber boot is for 1970 to 1972. I was looking at AA's catalog this evening & on page #195 it shows part # 914.424.057.00 for the early cars.

Chris, If still interested send me your address & it's yours for the $10.00 bucks dely'd. I quoted.

Tom
euro911
If Chris doesn't need it, I could use a good one for my wife's '71. Please PM me if he passes on it
Thanks ...
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Dec 31 2007, 08:04 PM) *
Hi Guys,

Pat, glad your safely home & take care of that fireplace cleanup. Your lucky it could have been a house fire.

I agree the rubber boot is for 1970 to 1972. I was looking at AA's catalog this evening & on page #195 it shows part # 914.424.057.00 for the early cars.

Chris, If still interested send me your address & it's yours for the $10.00 bucks dely'd. I quoted.

Tom
slackin' at work
sold!!

I just sent you a PM.
thanks again, I appreciate it!

and thanks to everyone who offered their knowledge on the subject.
-chris
Slider
Anybody have any these boots availiable? my 72 (folding handle) is missing one? heck anyone have the metal tab that attaches to the release rod and holds the release arm..
TJB/914
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Jan 1 2008, 05:50 AM) *

sold!!

I just sent you a PM.
thanks again, I appreciate it!

and thanks to everyone who offered their knowledge on the subject.
-chris

Hi Chris,

My computer crashed with all my emails so I was not able to contact you.
I received your check & assume the rubber boot arrived. email be back that it arrived.

BTW: I got my computer back on line & what a loss of personal info. You always think it happens to someone else. A computer crash is painful.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.