Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stablizer adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turtleturtle
How should the stablizer be adjusted? I can't believe I have never noticed this before but the driver side looks like this:

IPB Image

While the passenger side looks like this:

IPB Image

Is this right because it's doesn't look right at all. Also, what happens when you adjust the stablizer?
turtleturtle
Anyone? I have the tires off and ready to fix if I need to.
orange914
that would effect the cornering. its varied depending on what turning direction you want to stiffen up more. i've got no real hands on experiance like alot of the guys here so i'm sure you'll get much better advice from another source, but i'd say for nice street driving to set them both out to the same far holes giving an even but not too stiff ride/handling charicteristics

mike smile.gif
orange914
by the way it looks like its been that way a long time. how different did one side feel than the other over bumps? it also doesnt look like any stock bar arms i've seen either, they arent adjustable
Click to view attachment

mike
SirAndy
- if the rear end of the car feels loose (oversteer) move both sides towards the end of the car.

- if the front of the car feels loose (understeer) move both sides towards the front of the car.

right now, i'd set them both in the middle and do some tight turn driving in a empty parkinglot to determine how the car handles and then go from there ...
driving.gif Andy
turtleturtle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 29 2007, 04:48 PM) *

- if the rear end of the car feels loose (oversteer) move both sides towards the end of the car.

- if the front of the car feels loose (understeer) move both sides towards the front of the car.

right now, i'd set them both in the middle and do some tight turn driving in a empty parkinglot to determine how the car handles and then go from there ...
driving.gif Andy

Thanks, will do tomorrow. The driver side seems to get loose more often then the passenger side while doing tight turns, so I will be putting both one hole 3 and test it out.

Will be back tomorrow with results. It's dark out so can't do it now. sad.gif
Rand
The driver side seems to get loose more often then the passenger side while doing tight turns

I think of "loose" meaning one END or the other.... If you push corners hard enough for something to give, understeer plows and the front tires scrub instead of tightly turning the car into the corner. Oversteer brings the back and around and you have to steer into it (opposite) to bring the skid back under control. Different paradigm, as one SIDE of the car cannot slide faster than the other.

What do you mean by one side feeling loose? You mean you can take right turns harder than left before the car slides?
iamchappy
Looks like you have the old H&H Carrera sway bars, set then both the same and play around to find out what feels best.
Brian_Boss
Just thought I would clarify something the other responses alluded to. The sway bar does not affect one side differently from the other. Basically, it is the total length of the levers that matters. Normally, you would set them to the same position or maybe one step apart to fine tune.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.