Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made a tiny bit of progress on my 6 today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
I've not had much time to work on my "Number 40" replica GT project recently, but I had 5 minutes spare at work today so I bolted the signalling lamp to the roof panel and gave it a quick test with the battery charger:

IPB Image

And the original, lit up as the car comes through the Ford chicane at the start of the Le Mans Pit straight:

IPB Image

Cool, huh?
smokey
HOLLY pain30.gif .

VERY NICE !! smoke.gif
autohausdolby
Thanks! It's almost time to start sticking bits back on now - first job is to clean up the floor blanking plates and start seam sealing them back in, then filler on the flares (they shouldn't need much) and lots and lots of squirty seam sealer all round the car as none of the seams have any protection after the acid dip smile.gif
autohausdolby
Just found a slightly less crap photo on my camera smile.gif

IPB Image
smokey
Una Mas . WOW!!!!!! . please keep us all updated with pix . smoke.gif
McMark
Super cool. Call in sick for the next month and work on the car. happy11.gif
smokey
What color ? Are u going with wight ? and are u upgrading the power plant ? . Please tell us all . Time frame on the end date ? smoke.gif
autohausdolby
It's going to be white, with the full Sonauto livery. Inside the front and rear luggage compartments will be satin black to match the original car smile.gif

As for timescale, it'll depend on how quickly I can earn the money biggrin.gif I want it done in time for an entry for the Le Mans Classic in 2010. Hopefully it'll be finished long before that though wink.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(autohausdolby @ Dec 31 2007, 01:46 PM) *
It's going to be white, with the full Sonauto livery.

shouldn't it be light ivory shades.gif
autohausdolby
biggrin.gif Yes, it should be Light Ivory, my bad biggrin.gif
autohausdolby
I made a little bit more progress today. I've started trying to make the rollcage fit the car. It's brand new and doesn't match the shape of the b pillars very well. I've picked up a ratchet strap from home so tomorrow I can pull the right side back towards the piller to bolt it on. The feet are just tacked in place at the moment while I get everything lined up.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.