Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 control unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tagtmeyer914
has anyone ever fried the computer jump starting thier 914? finally i got my fuel pump running right and plenty of pressure now i have no signal to my injectors again im getting real close to switching to carbs this is the second computer ive had i know the carbs have lower performance but its killing me not to be able to drive this thing. anybody know where to look for a good carb setup or would anybody be willing to trade a 1.7 computer for a 1.8? i have a 1.7 that was a spare engine when i purchased my car but i dont have the extra things to use that harness and computer. unless somebody knows a few tricks with that.
ejm
has anyone ever fried the computer jump starting thier 914?

I had a customer do it a few years ago and I'm sure others have done it. Easy to do if the cables are reversed but grinding the starter over on a weak battery can cause a surge too. A fully charged battery is alway preferable. Why do you need to keep jump starting? Does/did the car run? The 1.7 Djet control unit is not interchangable with the 1.8 Ljet unit.

edit: just saw your other post... cranking off a battery charger is bad headbang.gif
Jake Raby
I have good used 1.8 ECUs.. 100 bucks + shipping.

I have fried an ECU doing a jump start in the past.
tagtmeyer914
any chance you would be willing to trade for a 1.7 computer? the engine came from a wrecked car and i never see myself using the 1.7 setup as i dont have the extra pieces for the harness.
Jake Raby
Nope... I have dozens of those and haven't had a call for one in 5 years :-)
tagtmeyer914
hey jake how do i go about getting the control unit from you? the car is almost running and it wouldnt be cost effective to switch to carbs not after all the time and effort put into it. maybe you can send me a link or an email with more info.
Jake Raby
Send me a paypal and add 20 bucks for shipping to
auctions@aircooledtechnology.com

We'll ship the unit when we re-open in 2008..

JeffBowlsby
Be sure to verify the correct PN for your 1.8 ECU before it ships. They were only made for 2 years, 1974 and 1975 and there are two unique PNs, not interchangeable.
Jake Raby
Yes, the units I have are true 1.8 ECUs.
tagtmeyer914
found one for $20.00 aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.