Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camshaft for 73 Ero 2.0 with stock fuel-injection need more HP?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
the4u2
I just had my 2.0 heads rebuilt and have a set of flat top pistons!! My fuel-injection works great absolute nothing Wong whit it at all pray.gif I'd like to get as much relabel HP as possible At least 80,000mil to rebuild and keep as mush of the stock part as I can. Less HP is fine if it will last longer!

This is my quests what cam have you run in your stock fuel-injected 2.0L?
And how do you use it autocross-rode race-street or put put in town

I found these cams but if you can send me more link and info to more thank you
Any and all help thanks

Integral cams
Profile Seat Duration .050" Duration Cam Lift Valve Lift*
Stock 255°/254° 211°/209° .296"/.282" .385"/.352"

Stage 1 258°/258° 220°/220° . 320"/.320" 416"/.400"
link
http://www.integralcams.com/914.htm

web cam

grind 73 Good overall power for engines with stock fuel-injection. Designed for mechanical lifters
link
http://www.webcamshafts.com/pages/volkswagen-auto.html
gregrobbins
There is only one cam to consider: Raby 9550

This is an "improved" version of the Web 73 and works great with D-Jet or carbs.

I had a motor with a Web 73. Nice improvement over stock. Jake's numbers show the 9550 is even better.

You will want to get the complete kit.

www.aircooledtechnology.com/store
DanT
Right....9550 all the way if you plan on running with stock D-jet.
I have one in my 2056 running D-jet and it runs great.
Jake Raby
There is no more effective D or L jet cam than my 9550 and 9590 offerings. Of all the things I have developed and tested these two grinds are probably the most effective of all combined.

We took 18 months back in 2005 to perfect cam/lifter compatability, since then we have had TWO failures and have sold and used over 500 cam/lifter sets with these characteristics.

We now have private label offerings for most of our grinds, and only use Web for the cams that we have worked with them on the design of, this is about 11 of my 60 grinds.

I have prepared a Presentation that goes over our cam program for 2008 AND can be used as an educational tool for those who are not buying our parts.

In this presentation I go over all aspects of the Type 4 valve train and then cover the procedure that we use to sell cams. Follow the links at the presentation to purchase your cam kit.
This program is in effect now, it's the only way to get a RAT camshaft.

Here is the presentation in a format that is supported by Internet Explorer, open and virew it with your browser.
http://rdtlabs.com/Presentations/t4engcam.mht

Microsoft Power Point users can see the full version here
http://rdtlabs.com/Presentations/t4engcam.pps

This should answer lots of questions.
McMark
agree.gif
Katmanken
Jake,

That powerpoint presentation was pretty slick and really explained the myrid of issues with type IV cams, lifters, valvetrain geometry, tolerancing (pushrod length) and oils that a lot of people aren't aware of.

It shows why engine builders (or wannabes) just can't ignore these issues or they will have a grenade, and then have the potential to be a pissed off customer.

Heck, Business school graduates can't master powerpoint that well and a gearhead from Georgia can. Keep supporting the Type IV community.

Ken

Jake Raby
Glad that you found the presentation helpful. It seems that what you acquired from the presentation is exactly what I intended to present...

Compatability is always the biggest hurdle for the TIV engine manipulator, and of all the sub assemblies, valve train is the worst. Too many times people match cams to stock parts and experience a failure.

Heck, Business school graduates can't master powerpoint that well and a gearhead from Georgia can.

(thats because a degree most of the time is an excuse for someone to **think** they don't need to be as intense)

And that presentation was the very first experience I ever had with powerpoint.... I didn't even read the "help" section... Trial and error is always the best teacher for me :-)
Hell, I can't even type!!!!

I have several more presentations for the engine kit and turn key engine programs, I am working on finishing up these today and they'll be posted just after the new year.

In 2008 I am putting more effort into finishing my video series and applying what we have learned doing non stop R&D since 2005. 2008 is the "Year of application".

If one peson views the presentation and avoids a failure, all those days of work are worth it to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.