Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm sick....going to do it again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I'm sick...I'm a 914 addict. Going to pick-up a widebody tomorrow...hopefully, it will be as described. Question is "Why" and "What am I going to do with it!" Maybe it will all make sense once I get it home.
Pictures to follow after I get it home...unless I'm too embarassed huh.gif of what I've bought. av-943.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
PeeGreen 914
You're not sick... Muahahahahahahahahaha.... .. Can't wait to see it.
Scott Carlberg
Mark,
PLEASE STOP buying 914s other than mine!!! av-943.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
JRust
Been there! Am there actually! As are most of the other suckers on here. WE just can't pass up the chance to get another! Post the pics asap. If we don't see any we will assume you got screwed & it's a piece of crap screwy.gif ! Best of luck though Mark idea.gif
computers4kids
Well, I picked it up today, it's a 1970 with a widebody kit...no 6, but what looks like a 1.8 or 1.7 with dual webers. I'll know more tomorow when I get dig around in the day light. The price was right...it was purchased strickly as a parts car. A drunk had hit the car while it was parked and did some serious damage to the driver's rear corner. It has some nice 50 series tires all the way around on the rims that I don't recognize. They have porsche caps, but I don't think they're porsche. The interior has been redone with the stock black and red cloth seat inserts. The seats have some nice looking seat belts/harness, accompanied by a black and red custom leather steering wheel. The car has been garaged in it's wrecked condition for the last 10 years.

Overall, it looks like it has some good parts. Now to figure out what to do with it...perhaps pull all the good parts off it and scrap the body. Anyway, after a good look in the day light maybe it will all make sense.

Anyone have any ideas on these wheels?
Here some cheesy camera phone pics...
Scott Carlberg
Sweet IMSA-style front Air Dam!

those Wheels kind of look like they're in the Mini-Lite family.
sixnotfour

Caroll Shelby Anaconda OR
Western super lites (or something like that)

Cast alum.

Here is an Anaconda
computers4kids
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 30 2007, 09:23 PM) *

Caroll Shelby Anaconda OR
Western super lites

Cast alum.

Here is an Anaconda

Wow...that was fast! Do you know if they are still available by any chance...one the the wheels got busted in the wreck?
Thanks...looks like a dead ringer
sixnotfour
Nope, kinda rare,
They show up on ebay chev and ford pattern also.
and the offsets are only good for Wide body cars.
I have 15x7's and 8.5" with 2 inch wider rear flares
computers4kids
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 30 2007, 09:38 PM) *

Nope, kinda rare,
They show up on ebay chev and ford pattern also.
and the offsets are only good for Wide body cars.
I have 15x7's and 8.5" with 2 inch wider rear flares

Looks like a set on ebay right now...ouch those are expensive.
ebay auction
PeeGreen 914
So is the body solid and straight? You wouldn't happen to want to bring it up here would you biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
parts sale money comes in handy.

k
computers4kids
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Dec 30 2007, 11:37 PM) *

So is the body solid and straight? You wouldn't happen to want to bring it up here would you biggrin.gif

The driver's corner was hit pretty hard. Someone would have to replace the trunk, trunk lid, driver's fender, fiberglass is cracked in various places due to the heavy impact. I can't imagine that being worth it to anyone...unless, you're from back east..those guys and gals do some amazing restorations. I'm not that energetic or talented.

I bought it, like Kevin says "parts sale money comes in handy." I figured I'd retain any pieces that I could use on my 75 project, then flip the rest. My guess is once I take off the valuable parts, no one would want the chasis and I'll be forced to send it to the wrecking yard or sawzall-smiley.gif it. Too bad, the car once was a pretty good looking 916.

At this point, I would trade it for a decent running 2ltr engine, otherwise it will have to vaporize. I'm a bit crowded already....

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 31 2007, 05:54 AM) *

parts sale money comes in handy.

k

It's nice have a little change in my paypal account and handy too!
stateofidleness
that looks sexy
LOVE that front air dam

lets see some pics of the seats wink.gif
quadracerx
Hi...

Too bad Like Blood Red says...if you brought it up to the Seattle area...Id be interested...

Quad...
ahdoman
Dibs on the handcuffs!
Damn Mark - that drunk didn't run into the car, he ran over it!
jim_hoyland
Nice find Mark ! I have the metal shaping DVD if you want to change out the FG for metal.
JPB
My geographical location sucks wind out of a harry ass!!! Good find> Love the rims!! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.