Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any welders on here in the Virginia area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete914
hey,
if anyone in virginia could put some spot welds on my rear trunk hinge i would be very, very appreciative and certainly willing to throw in some money and/or beer.
if not, if anyone knows any welders that could do something quickly and less costly than a body shop. i would appreciate any advice on where to go to get this done.
thanks gentlemen.
happy new year everyone
JPB
Where ya at brother? Just for the record, if it fell off due to rust, one could not weld rust together. I'll be in the DC area for some time. Buzz your brother. beer.gif
type47
i had the hell hole rust repair done at Karosserie LTD in Merrifield VA (near Merrifield Post Office). i recommend them.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(pete914 @ Dec 30 2007, 07:39 PM) *

hey,
if anyone in virginia could put some spot welds on my rear trunk hinge i would be very, very appreciative and certainly willing to throw in some money and/or beer.
if not, if anyone knows any welders that could do something quickly and less costly than a body shop. i would appreciate any advice on where to go to get this done.
thanks gentlemen.
happy new year everyone

The Old Dominion is a pretty big place.
VaccaRabite
Hey Pete,

Virginia is a big place. Your location (east coast) is rather non-discript.

Help us help you. :-)

Well, not me, I live in PA. poke.gif

Zach
pete914
hahah...sorry guys, richmond va is where i live...i guess i would like to stay close to home. i know of three guys in the downtown richmond area with 914's...
anyway, the hinge broke off do to me allowing the trunk to flip open too fast (frickin' trunk springs...) as far as i know there are no rust issues with the hinge...

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 31 2007, 09:58 AM) *

Hey Pete,

Virginia is a big place. Your location (east coast) is rather non-discript.

Help us help you. :-)

Well, not me, I live in PA. poke.gif

Zach

degreeoff
If you drove up to bowie MD.....Ill do it 20720 zip. I even have a heated garage! and a wrench I cut up just to de-tension the blood torsion bar. BUT youd have to drive. 2 @ Sobe Adenaline rush energy drinks is all the payment I require.
pete914
hmmm...might have to consider this...just took a look at my hinge though...could be some rust on there now. talk about thin metal though. they weren't using their thinking caps when they designed the hinge...

QUOTE(degreeoff @ Dec 31 2007, 03:58 PM) *

If you drove up to bowie MD.....Ill do it 20720 zip. I even have a heated garage! and a wrench I cut up just to de-tension the blood torsion bar. BUT youd have to drive. 2 @ Sobe Adenaline rush energy drinks is all the payment I require.

scotty b
Pete I'm in Richmond and do restoration werk for a living. Send me a p.m. and I'll get back to you sometime this week. Should be a pretty quick job.

Scott
degreeoff
another option might be to do the JWest product that just bolts in....look for them under the Vendor section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.