Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Sonauto font for RC body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
I am drawing up the graphics to make decals for a Sonauto 914-6 replica for the RC car bodies that we are buying. You can see what I have below. Currently, I am in need of a Windows font style which is most similar to the one used to write "SONAUTO". See pic:

IPB Image

Specifically, note the way the 'A' looks. Fonts that I have found that have the correct looking 'A', have an incorrect looking 'N'. If you find anything, let me know. In the end, I can fudge it with graphics, but it would be easier to just find the font.

BTW, I plan on inkjet printing these onto clear sticker sheet for application onto the body. Once it is all done, I will make the files available to whoever wants them, or will print sticker sheets (nominal charge) for whoever wants it.

Thanks in advance
Demick
'74 2.0
Dave_Darling
Uhhh, can't you just clean up that image you posted and use that as the text?

--DD
Demick
Sure, I could. Just be easier and cleaner with a font. Don't have to fix things like camera angle and stuff, and makes the reverse color image that goes across the targa top a little easier.

Demick
vortrex
can't you just duplicate that exactly with a font maker app?
Brad Roberts
Damn Demick.

That looks good. I have a ton of Adobe font, but dont know of a easy way for me to help you out.

B
Demick
Never used a font maker app. I just figured there is probably one already out there. If you've done it before, want to do it and send it to me?

Brad, if you have a ton of fonts, just type SONAUTO, and flip through the fonts until you find one that matches. Then you can just send me the font file (if you are using NT, your font files will all be in a directory called c:\WINNT\Fonts. Other Windows operating systems will have a similar location).

Demick
Part Pricer
Demick -

I seem to believe that I've seen that font before. I'm not sure where or if I really did, but it triggers a memory.

I've already gone through and searched the 1,300 fonts that I have on this PC. I'll take a look at some of the others that I have cataloged on CDs later.

I also have a lot of the other logos that you are using in vector format. Let me know if you need anything.
Demick
Thanks Paul. Any applicable logos that you have please send them along. They may be better than mine. I created all of mine from scratch with the exception of the Koni logo.

Demick
djm914-6
If you find anymore of those logos, please post them here or email them to me. I want a copy of that car too, but I plan to do everything with paint if possable. While I may not get every possable detail I'll be close. What you've done so far looks great.

Hmmm. How about a friendly competition. Once the bodies are delivered, we can post pics of the finished product and have an impartial judge rule on the best body. The more people that enter, the better. Maybe even brake it down into a race catagory and street catagory. Whatcha think?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ Mar 19 2003, 11:21 AM)
Just be easier and cleaner with a font.

i'll go through my fonts at work tomorrow.
should have something similar in my little collection (~1000 fonts) ...

Andy
Part Pricer
Sorry. I searched my fonts and was not able to come up with it. It is still bugging me though, I know that I've seen it before. I'll probably remember it right after someone else comes up with it.

I thought that I would also post a quick pic of some of the vintage car logos that I have. This is just a sample, I've got a lot more. All of the logos that I have are in vector format. This means that they can scale to any size with no degredation of the image. I've provided logos to people that have used them to have full-size graphics created for their race cars. The quality and resolution of the picture that I have attached is well below the actual graphics since I had to convert this to JPEG for display on the net.

What I thought that I would do is collect requests on this thread from anyone that is looking for a particular graphic. Then, after I get enough requests, or exhaust the supply of logos, I'll send one file to everybody so that you can extract what you want from there.
SirAndy
ok, here's one that is close (similar type) but not exactly the same.
font is:

Venus Rising (TTF)
SirAndy
another one that is close (except the A).
font is:

Radio Stars (TTF)
SirAndy
sorry, that's it. no more fonts sad.gif
Demick
Thanks Andy (and everyone else). Those fonts are pretty close, but no better than the ones I already had. I went ahead and used the '911 Porscha' font which was really good except for the 'N'. I spread the distance between the letters, then compressed it horizontally, and then fixed the 'N', and it looks plenty good enough for me. Here's what I have now, I think this is pretty much everything. Of course, it is all much higher resolution than I am posting here (the VW Porsche graphic looks especially crappy in this small jpg). Most all of the graphics are vector graphics.

Demick
Aaron Cox
looks good.....how much of a "nominal charge"? driving.gif
Demick
QUOTE(acox914 @ Mar 20 2003, 03:46 PM)
looks good.....how much of a "nominal charge"? driving.gif

Nothing if you just want the electronic file to print for yourself.

But if you want me to print it and send it to you, then you've got to cover my costs (sticker sheet, envelope, postage, etc). It will probably work out to about $3 for the first sheet, and less for any additional sheets.

First, I have to get the body, and size all of the decals, and duplicate them (some are used 5 or 6 times on the body and are of different sizes in different places). Then I've got to try it out - I have never used the inkjet clear sticker sheets before - I expect it will probably work fine and look good, but who knows?

Demick
djm914-6
Demick,
Can you email me (djm914-6@attbi.com) a better image than what you posted here? As I said, I want to do the same car only I plan on doing it all in paint. I'm sure I won't get the detail you will though.

Thanks,
si2t3m
Saw this link posted on PelicanParts:

http://www.logo.nino.ru

It has tons of logos.

HTH

Marc-André
Demick
Very cool site. I'll have to keep that for future reference.

Thanks
Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.