Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car of the Month Contest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
In 2008, 914World will host a Car of the Month contest, run every other month!

The COTM will be featured on our homepage and also on a pinned thread that will feature all past Cars of the Month!

Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (Lightened cars? Fine. Tube framed, firebreathing monsters? Sure, if they generally look like a 914. V8/Suby conversion cars? Cool. A 914-based trike? Okay! A sandrail with no 914 components but 914 drivetrain and suspension? No. Get the idea? smile.gif )
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by a 914World Member and picture posted on a 914World thread or blog.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations on/about the first of the month.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please. smile.gif
6. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member.
7. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
8. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days!
9. The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
10. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is eligible to win again in the next calendar year.
11. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.

Nomination Procedures

1. Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM.
2. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
3. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
4. Next, voting!

The nominations will begin tomorrow! Please post any questions here. If there is sufficient interest and participation, we can certainly look at increasing the frequency!

Happy New Year! beerchug.gif
-Rusty type.gif
SirAndy
first! biggrin.gif

i know i'm too early, but i nominate Paul Sayegh (PRS914-6) beautiful black 3.6L car ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

IPB Image
Rusty
Nice car. wub.gif

Nominate it in the morning, Jackass. biggrin.gif

type47
is it within the rules to post to another person about a nomination? ie, hypothetically, let's say i want to nominate jim kellys v8 914. can i post to root to second the nomination on this board?
Rusty
Jim,

We don't like to tell people what they can and cannot post. That said... I hope that someone will see a nomination and consider it worthy of a second. Lobbying for votes... seems so... congressional. biggrin.gif

So, can you? Sure. I won't stop you.

-Rusty type.gif
Allan
I'm kinda fond of this one... biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Dec 31 2007, 05:31 PM) *

yeah, except, you didn't read the rules ... dry.gif

5. No self-nominations, please.

:RTFM: Andy
KaptKaos

Isn't that the car with the Turkish throttle mod? av-943.gif
ahdoman
I like Allan's car. I think about it everyday I see the oil "drool" he left on my driveway after the BBQ!
SLITS
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 31 2007, 06:02 PM) *

No, it's the one with a Turkey behind the wheel!
Allan
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 31 2007, 06:23 PM) *

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 31 2007, 06:02 PM) *

No, it's the one with a Turkey behind the wheel!

You guys are mean!!!!

Bite me Andy. You are my example when I say rules are meant to be broken,,,, happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Dec 31 2007, 06:38 PM) *

Bite me Andy. You are my example when I say rules are meant to be broken,,,, happy11.gif

me? huh? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
rick 918-S
I've been waiting for this contest to start again! aktion035.gif

I want to nominate Pete Stouts car. horizontally-opposed

Here's why. This car has the look of a period 914. I'm not saying concours but 914 cool. The color, the wheels, the stance. It's very hard these days to find tires with any kind of width that actually has a sidewall and tread design that doesn't look rice. Pete spent a considerable amount of time and money recently to turn back time. As I understand he has a few more items planned to assist in the back to the past look.

I get that and like it.
degreeoff
QUOTE(jaybird840 @ Dec 30 2007, 09:17 AM) *

FWIW, here's a pic of mine with 18x8.5's up front and 18x10's in the rear. I personally like the look. However, this is a weekend hill country car for me, not an AX car....

Click to view attachment

Seen's how mine isnt done......I vote for this guys car...NEED MORE PIC's
daveyboybadion
first!

i know i'm too early, but i nominate Paul Sayegh (PRS914-6) beautiful black 3.6L car ...
Andy

...I second the nomination...daveyboy
roadster fan
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 31 2007, 08:19 PM) *

I've been waiting for this contest to start again! aktion035.gif

I want to nominate Pete Stouts car. horizontally-opposed

Here's why. This car has the look of a period 914. I'm not saying concours but 914 cool. The color, the wheels, the stance. It's very hard these days to find tires with any kind of width that actually has a sidewall and tread design that doesn't look rice. Pete spent a considerable amount of time and money recently to turn back time. As I understand he has a few more items planned to assist in the back to the past look.

I get that and like it.

Second........ drooley.gif

Oh and not too early now. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Jim
Rusty
I'll open a nomination thread when everyone should be awake tomorrow... lots of folks are out partying tonight. smile.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 31 2007, 09:48 PM) *

me? huh? confused24.gif

IPB Image

biggrin.gif Andy

I don't read German... is that a catalog for a German "Gap" store? biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Rusty @ Jan 1 2008, 01:46 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 31 2007, 09:48 PM) *

me? huh? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif Andy

I don't read German... is that a catalog for a German "Gap" store? biggrin.gif

That's hilarious!
woobn8r
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Dec 31 2007, 11:33 PM) *

QUOTE(jaybird840 @ Dec 30 2007, 09:17 AM) *

FWIW, here's a pic of mine with 18x8.5's up front and 18x10's in the rear. I personally like the look. However, this is a weekend hill country car for me, not an AX car....

Click to view attachment

Seen's how mine isnt done......I vote for this guys car...NEED MORE PIC's

I'll second this blue beauty....

Maybe we should balance this contest with a "Project car of the Month" as most of these cars seem to be on jackstands.....
Rusty
Hey... if you see a project that's really rockin'... nominate it!

All of us here can see the beauty of a work in progress... 'Cepting for maybe Pat if powercoating is involved. poke.gif

Rusty biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(Rusty @ Dec 31 2007, 04:42 PM) *

.. someone will see a nomination and consider it worthy of a second. type.gif

my DUH... nominations visible...
orange914
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Jan 1 2008, 08:08 AM) *

Maybe we should balance this contest with a "Project car of the Month" as most of these cars seem to be on jackstands.....

since mine is "jacked" it makes me wonder how many are unregistered or in the midst of repair blink.gif

can i second project of the mo.? headbang.gif

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.