Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: What does Xmas/New Years mean to you?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Hello all. My bud Mark and I left Friday the 22nd aty 1PM from Tappahannock and arrived in Flamingo Park in Florida the next day at 7AM. We then binge fished till 9PM the 23rd and drove straight back home arriving in Tappahannock at 1PM Xma day. If you are wondering why I do this look at the pictures and yes black tip sharks are yummy on the barby. Happy New Year!!!:beer1:
Rusty
Wow... looks like great fishing. You let the little one go free, I hope? smile.gif
JPB
Ya he went free. We hooked into about 40 of them during the trip and kept on 3 footer for eating. The small ones are really good and a dime a dozen and we could only posses two. beer.gif
JPB
Here is Mark with an 8 foot 250 pound nurse shark. This was his first shark and he was addicted for life from that point on. happy11.gif
stepuptotheMike
mmmm.... shark=tasty

beerchug.gif

Mike
JPB
Ya buddy! beer.gif
Jake Raby
Black tip is very yummy..

But I prefer Snook and redfish...
Spoke
Yeah, humans eating sharks. I like it that way. Don't like the other way round.

I hope none of his shark buddies saw you snag him and if they did, I hope they can tell the difference between you and me the next time I hit the beach.

Nice catch.

Spoke
blitZ
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 1 2008, 04:44 PM) *

Black tip is very yummy..

But I prefer Snook and redfish...

Ditto.

Can't believe you drove all the way to Florida to catch sharks, shark fishing is easy. Next time try doing some real fishing.
JPB
Thanks for the compliments and yes red fish and snook are way better eating. We get some massive red fish action in the Chesapeake bay in the fall with 30+ pounds on the line daily on live spot. I love snook but the new regs show their need to be protected. We also caught many specks, yellow tail snappers, porgies, cravales, black brum, sheepshead, which all went back into the drink.

If you wanna talk eating fish, the Chesapeake bay flounder, stripper , spot, cobia, croaker and crab, is what is in our fridges here. beer.gif ZING!!!
Sparky
Took the wife and kids to Houston for Christmas to visit the father in law. We headed out every day from Kemah and while there I nailed 3 RedFish over 23", a speckled trout that was 21" , several sheepsheads and flounder.
I did this all using a baitcasting setup (Shimano Curado 100D) with plastics. It's the same setup I used to use in the swamps outside of Virginia Beach large mouth fishing. It was a blast catching all of these fish with a medium action rod and reel!
Phoenix914
Wow, look at that nurse shark! Great pictures. Looks and sounds like it was worth the trip down.

I like working on old cars, but fishing is my first true love.

summer flounder
Click to view attachment

trophy rockfish season
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
new years means YARD WORK! the wife and i took advantage of the good weather and cut down a 100ft+ english laurel hedge over the past 2 days. mostly 25'+tall. the yard is full of debris. doing the cut down ourselves made it affordable to hire the pros with a commercial chipper.

k
Phoenix914
Oh, and on my new years day I slept in a bit, played Zelda on my Nintendo DS, had a light breakfast with my gf and her daughter then continued installing wood laminate floor in her house. Gotta strike a balance...
JPB
Wow, sounds like we all had a great time! Cool stripper and flounder pics and very nice sizes. I just got a new GF also, we don't play Zelda but I do spend alot of time with the Xbox, nudge nudge, wink, wink, know what i mean, Xbox, know what i mean drooley.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(JPB @ Jan 1 2008, 05:12 AM) *

Here is Mark with an 8 foot 250 pound nurse shark. This was his first shark and he was addicted for life from that point on. happy11.gif

It's amazing how much the water magnified the size of the shark rolleyes.gif Went out on the bay last spring with my dad. NEVER seen so many rays. They were all over the bay in big brown clumps. Talked to one of the local charter boat owners he said in his 43 years of living there he's never seen anything like it either. Anyway, our day consisted of about 12 small spades, couple of rays and one striper. Spades are hellacious fighters for the size smile.gif
jimtab
The shark fishing looked great, we get lots of sharks and rays when we fish the south end of SF bay....but as a diver...I have a deal with the sharks....I don't eat them and....they (at least so far) don't eat me.....
Phoenix914
QUOTE(JPB @ Jan 2 2008, 06:33 PM) *

Wow, sounds like we all had a great time! Cool stripper and flounder pics and very nice sizes. I just got a new GF also, we don't play Zelda but I do spend alot of time with the Xbox, nudge nudge, wink, wink, know what i mean, Xbox, know what i mean drooley.gif

happy11.gif grouphug.gif chowtime.gif sheeplove.gif smoke.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.