Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nominations for Jan/Feb: Car of the Month Contest!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Happy New Year!

Nominations for the January/February Car of the Month are now open - please use this thread to nominate & second nominations!

The first five cars nominated (and seconded) will be eligible for voting! The winning car will be featured on the homepage and the winner will receive the snazzy award-graphic that you see below my name!!

-Rusty smoke.gif

Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (Lightened cars? Fine. Tube framed, firebreathing monsters? Sure, if they generally look like a 914. V8/Suby conversion cars? Cool. A 914-based trike? Okay! A sandrail with no 914 components but 914 drivetrain and suspension? No. Get the idea? smile.gif )
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by a 914World Member and picture posted on a 914World thread or blog.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations on/about the first of the month.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please. smile.gif
6. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member.
7. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
8. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days!
9. The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
10. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is eligible to win again in the next calendar year.
11. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.

Nomination Procedures

1. Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM.
2. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
3. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
4. Next, voting!

edited to include COTM guidelines
Gustl
I'll take the chance to be the 1st who nominates a Car of the Month

it's my all time love ... the Ex-Strenger car wub.gif

now owned by Steve Gaglione (smg914)

rick 918-S
I want to nominate Pete Stouts car. horizontally-opposed aktion035.gif

Here's why. This car has the look of a period 914. I'm not saying concours but 914 cool. The color, the wheels, the stance. It's very hard these days to find tires with any kind of width that actually has a sidewall and tread design that doesn't look rice. Pete spent a considerable amount of time and money recently to turn back time. As I understand he has a few more items planned to assist in the back to the past look.

I get that and like it.

computers4kids
I nominate "Drivability" as an awesome example of workmanship and 914 "eye candy." I dream about owning a car like this someday. smilie_pokal.gif

Thread: Drivability
PeeGreen 914
I nominate my favorite.... Paul Sayegh (PRS914-6). I don't have a picture though sad.gif
Rusty
I'm excited we have some nominations. It'll be cool to see some seconds.

However, from the previous thread...
The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.

Please help us out. The admin team can't do it all. sad.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 1 2008, 10:40 AM) *

Here's why. This car has the look of a period 914. I'm not saying concours but 914 cool. The color, the wheels, the stance. It's very hard these days to find tires with any kind of width that actually has a sidewall and tread design that doesn't look rice. Pete spent a considerable amount of time and money recently to turn back time. As I understand he has a few more items planned to assist in the back to the past look.

I get that and like it.

That's a beautiful car... I second Rick's nomination! First competitor is in!
KaptKaos
Click to view attachment

Suzi.

'nuff said
TINCAN914
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jan 1 2008, 12:50 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Suzi.

'nuff said

Second.... beer.gif
McMark
I second Jon's nomination of Paul Sayegh!!!

IPB Image
roadster fan
Rusty beat me to it on horizontally opposed...........so I second Paul's (PRS914-6) 3.6 shown below. Man I love this car drooley.gif
Edit: McMark beat me to it too!!!!!

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 1 2008, 12:35 PM) *

I second Jon's nomination of Paul Sayegh!!!

4th, 5th and 6th !!!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

PS: and yes, i get 3 votes ... shades.gif
craig downs
I just love Pauls deep rich black car
drewvw
I vote for horizontally-opposed's red 914....I like its low key look.

beer.gif
degreeoff
Not stock, not low key but HOT!! 1 vote for jaybird840

Click to view attachment
crash914
now that is the blue that I am going for...Love it!
Slider
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 1 2008, 09:40 AM) *

I get that and like it.

I agree i like Horizontally opposed also.. its got my vote!
stephenaki
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 1 2008, 05:50 AM) *

I'll take the chance to be the 1st who nominates a Car of the Month

it's my all time love ... the Ex-Strenger car wub.gif

now owned by Steve Gaglione (smg914)

I'll second the nomination, love the flares in red!
Rusty
Thanks, everyone. We have five cars nominated and seconded!

I'm going to open the voting thread. Voting will continue for 10 days!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.