Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a fair price? Carorll Shelby - Minilites? Caroll Shelby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I've been asked to sell the four lug minilites off the parts car that I just picked-up. I have three 15 X 8 minilites and four 265/50/15 good raidials that go with them. I don't have a clue what would be a fair price for them and would appreciate advice from anyone who knows about these wheels. From what I understand, the AX crew will recognize them.
Thank you!
DanT
selling 3 may be a bit tough...was the 4th damaged in the accident?
first are they stamped made in England and Minilite on the wheel?
second do they have the proper lug bolts and washers...?

more information will help in giving you a good idea.

those are very trick, retro, vintage wheels if they are the real thing.
sixnotfour
are you sure they are minilites ?

15x7
DanT
here is a pic of a real vintage minilite made in England...these are 6.5x15

you will notice the spokes are a different shape than the other two pics in this thread.
also the mounting flange and the wheel lips are entirely different.

Yours are probably aftermarket wheels. sad.gif

real minilites are stamped on the front of the wheel with minilite, Made in England and the size. between the spokes near the wheel lips.
ottox914
I heard at one time of some minilite look alikes from a dodge daytona shelby edition that had the correct bolt pattern, but never saw one. Looks like yours may be them.
sixnotfour
Pull one off and look on the back.

my guess 15x8.5 C.S.I. with 3.750 backspace
sixnotfour
Ebay NOS;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TR4-TR6-CAR...sspagenameZWDVW
computers4kids
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 2 2008, 06:54 PM) *

Pull one off and look on the back.

my guess 15x8.5 C.S.I. with 3.750 backspace

EXACTLY...they must be Caroll Shelby International (CSI) wheels...stamped on backside.
The are 8.5 inches wide
Four lug, porsche pattern
Complete with lugs (three wheels only)
Backspace 3.75

If you notice the stamp on the back says 15 X 5 8 which should read 15 X 8.5??
No telling if a fourth can be found...might be fun just to post them on ebay with some ridiculous buy it now price for fun, unless someone here wants them.
computers4kids
backside of the broken one
rhodyguy
see if some has a single they are willing to part with so you have a full set to sell. is the 4th damaged beyond repair?

k
computers4kids
front of broken one...repairable?
michaelt55
I have those on my 72 914 V8. That one I would doubt is repairable. I like mine alot....
orange914
looks to me like western style wheel lugs, got a picture?

how 'bout a trade for 4 western (fins)???

mike
ConeDodger
Those are Carol Shelby Wheels. I had a set I bought new in the '80s for my 240Z. I now have Kosei K1 wheels on it. I sold them to a buddy with a TVR (Same bolt pattern). I got them for about $60 a wheel in the '80s. I autocrossed the snot out of them without a problem. Must have been strong. Definately not a Minilite though.
byndbad914
I had 5-lug CSI wheels for my 1970 Mustang Fastback that I sold (but kept the wheels) and had an additional pattern drilled for the Porsche 5x130mm. I think they look awesome (I bead-blasted the gray paint off the spokes and clear coated them).

That said, no idea what they go for these days... but they look better than the Minilites IMO (I like the shorter spoke look)
scotty b
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 3 2008, 07:25 AM) *

front of broken one...repairable?

idea.gif NICE CLOCK smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.