Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOR cal Water warning .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smokey
My local is reporting 8 to ten inches of water . in 48 hours . Tarp , tape, cover , Do somthing to stop the water . I am good the 6 is at Dons In Campbell . This is going to hert . It will be BIG water . smoke.gif
SLITS
"Row, row, row your teener
Gently down the street.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a wet dream."

don't worry .... it'll float av-943.gif
sixnotfour
Finally someplace other than WASHington state is getting Wet.

Hope your hills stay put.
SirAndy
my baby is parked outside ... sad.gif

aquarium anyone?
icon8.gif Andy
SirAndy
rain just started 5 minutes ago ...

scuba.gif Andy
grantsfo
I'm less worried about rain. Wind gusts of huricane strength are predicted in coastal hills above 1000 ft tomrrow. I'm at 1100 ft and surrounded by 100 ft to 150 ft redwood trees. My car is in a temp garage. Time to go home and tie things down and hope nothing falls on the 914.

My local news station says last storm of this intensity was back in mid 1990's. Oh boy!! This should be fun!
biosurfer1
I picture Andy, sitting on top of the 914, yelling into the storm ala Lieutenant Dan

"Is this the best you can do!?!? You'll....never...take...this...914!!!!"

In German of course;)
Elliot Cannon
We'll be getting it next (central california coast). The city gave away free sand bags and I took advantage of the offer. I had to sand bag the front of my garage till I get a trench drain installed. Of course, it's not like we don't need the water. Ya'all stay dry now ya hea.
Cheers, Elliot
ConeDodger
I am glad I live on a hill! The rest of Sacramento may need a damned arc built though pretty quickly... blink.gif
racerx9146
Rain just hit Rocklin,Roseville (Sacramento Area)

Glad my daily driver is a Vanagon Syncro smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Jan 3 2008, 02:42 PM) *

John,

You're probably high enough up too so flooding should not be an issue. Keep that 6 in the garage though... sad.gif
Rusty
Floods... fires... what's next for California, locusts? laugh.gif

Keep dry, guys! smile.gif
racerx9146
that 240z is gonna be a aquarium, got that thing sold yet?

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 3 2008, 02:47 PM) *

John,

You're probably high enough up too so flooding should not be an issue. Keep that 6 in the garage though... sad.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Jan 3 2008, 03:20 PM) *

that 240z is gonna be a aquarium, got that thing sold yet?

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 3 2008, 02:47 PM) *

John,

John,
Not sold. I am ambivilant. The only one I really want to sell is the Bumblebee. It is inside now though. Nothing will get wet.
smokey
We aint seen nothen yet . Wait a few more hours . slits.gif smoke.gif
Borderline
All our vehicles are in the garage and we live on a hillside......no worries! Did I mention we are 1/2 mile from the fault line?
rick 918-S
I received an email from the company I work for asking if I would be available to assist with claims in nor cal.... I may be visiting you all!
Bruce Allert
Click to view attachment

We had an incredible amount of rain last month but only in certain areas. The photo is of Fishhawk Lake. A residencial community around a 75 acre lake that was supposed to never flood. It received over 12" of rain in 24 hours and winds of better than 65 mph.

We sold our house at this lake last year. I count my lucky stars we didn't have it when this happened.

Hope y'all are safe & stay protected.

.....b
ConeDodger
Well, if it is going to get worse it had better start soon. As of 8pm I had helicopters up flying patients and medical crews up and down the Sacramento Valley. Not too bad so far. I did notice that the sprinkler head in my office was floating back and forth in the ceiling. Means the pipe support is floating on the collected water on the roof of the building. It was actually somewhat clearing on my way home... Next wave on the way I suppose. sad.gif
Dave_Darling
Yikes! I hope my car isn't too badly flooded. I'm too far away to do anything about it for another couple of days...

--DD
smokey
Bodega Bay is getting it now . By morning comute . icon_bump.gif WATCH YOURSELF . IF u are a daily in the teener . PLEASE DRIVE SAFE .
biosurfer1
took baseline from roseville to my office in natomas...saw electrical lines sparking all over the place. power was off when i got here, but has since returned, though it does flicker now and then...

this could be hell trying to get home!
smokey
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jan 4 2008, 09:01 AM) *

took baseline from roseville to my office in natomas...saw electrical lines sparking all over the place. power was off when i got here, but has since returned, though it does flicker now and then...

this could be hell trying to get home!

If U have AAA plus . WOW my car just wont start. have yourself towed home . u get a shotgun ride in a flat bed . 1st 100 miles are free with the plus membershipp . u get 4 per year . only thing is . when u signe up for AAA . U cant have any service calls for 12 months of your 1 st year . then they will let you get a pluss membership . smoke.gif
SirAndy
had to pick up the GF last night ... car ran like crap ... that's what you get from using a GT engine lid and have the car parked in the rain ...

headbang.gif Andy
smokey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 4 2008, 10:44 AM) *

had to pick up the GF last night ... car ran like crap ... that's what you get from using a GT engine lid and have the car parked in the rain ...

headbang.gif Andy

HPH has a fitted car cover that is water proof . It will not blow off . it fitts so tite . HWY 17 is closed at the summit both ways . Power line s down . WATCH OUT PEOPLE . be safe . smoke.gif
smokey
Wind gust clocked at the donner summit at 165 mph . WOW . smoke.gif
jimtab
We had gusts above 80mph on our ridge in Pacifica today...mostly 45-65mph but a few that were crazy....lots of busted trees and powerlines....nasty stuff...luckily we don't get this stuff too often....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.