Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snowed in in Wisconsin!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I haven't driven the 914 LS6 for about 2 months and I'm already getting the itch to go burn some rubber off...problem is, there's a foot of snow in the driveway and it isn't really a very good winter driver. biggrin.gif Happy New Year to all members!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
warrenoliver
Know how you feel. Here in Madison it was -7 this morning. I would imagine it was a might bit cooler where you are.

I think we 'sconsin' and 'mnssota' guys ought to get together for a winter autocross meeting on a lake. aktion035.gif We could set up an ice course for the teeners and put in a few tipups to catch some walleyes. The beer would of course have to stay in the coolers to keep it from freezing!

Stay warm, only 3 (maybe 4) more months of this!

Warrenoliver
i love porsche
lucky you, i wish we could get some more snow here in NJ
914Sixer
It is cold in South Texas (San Antonio), 56 right now and falling. It was in the teens last night. However it it supossed to be 75 degrees Saturday, Sunday and Monday. aktion035.gif
jonferns
lucky you, i wish we could get some more snow here in NJ

agree.gif
Beamer13
You guys can have some of our snow here in Green Bay!!! I just spent the last 3 hours trying to keep my hot tub from freezing due to a pressure sensor malfunction :-( I think I got er fixed though.. A little Duct tape and some deer antlers can fix anything av-943.gif
736conver
I'm sick of dealing with the ice dams in the gutters. Its suppose to rain this weekend, and then freeze again. I cant wait. Its been one odd winter so far.
Beamer13
Yeah, I see that it is supposed to rain again!! My driveway was nice and cleaned off until we got that last batch of drizzle!!! I'm sure that it'll be crappy when I am travelin down to Milwaukee. ( There is always some sort of storm when I head down that way, which is quite often :-)
minnesota loon
Snow and cold here also. Did get to ride the snowmobile around the snowy frozen lake. The car is in the basement warm and toasty---my basement has big doors that open into my garage so I have great place to park in the winter.
jim912928
I spent the holidays in South Bend IN...left tuesday with about 12" of fresh overnight snow in the driveway and it was still snowing!....glad it wasn't that deep here in milwaukee!
Spoke
Just got back from work tonight in the 914 and I was wondering about the 914ers up north. How cold has it been when you've taken you 914 out either for a ride or to go to work?

I was debating about taking the A6 with heated seats to work but it was just too sunny to not take the 914.

For the morning commute it was 12F. At lunch it was about 22F. Right now its 17F. The oil temp gauge barely moved on my 10 mile trip to work. The roads are nice and dry, no snow here. Just some left over "anti-skid" material on some of the back roads.

BTW, anti-skid material is basically anything they can dig up out of the earth for free to mix with the salt that has to be purchased. I've seen dirt, gravel, and small rocks on the road by my house.
rick 918-S
I efen hate the chit dry.gif Broke the plow 4 times this year already! mad.gif
Beamer13
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 3 2008, 07:36 PM) *

I efen hate the chit dry.gif Broke the plow 4 times this year already! mad.gif

Yeah, I was bein the "good samaritan" on our last big snowfall and was snowblowing my neighbor's driveway, hit a chunk of ice, and cashed the blower!! headbang.gif Now I don't have a snowblower until it's fixed... I'm already done with this!!!
Pat Garvey
Damned global warming!
Beamer13
av-943.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Jan 3 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Know how you feel. Here in Madison it was -7 this morning. I would imagine it was a might bit cooler where you are.

I think we 'sconsin' and 'mnssota' guys ought to get together for a winter autocross meeting on a lake. aktion035.gif We could set up an ice course for the teeners and put in a few tipups to catch some walleyes. The beer would of course have to stay in the coolers to keep it from freezing!

Warrenoliver

I am sitting here in my Leiney T-shirt laughing my ass off. If you guys do that, let me know. I will get there.
porschecb
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Jan 3 2008, 12:45 PM) *

I haven't driven the 914 LS6 for about 2 months and I'm already getting the itch to go burn some rubber off...problem is, there's a foot of snow in the driveway and it isn't really a very good winter driver. biggrin.gif Happy New Year to all members!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hey! I was thinking about removing my carpets since my oil leaks are fixed. What do you think! ( the oil pickup is another thing) drunk.gif
Beamer13
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jan 3 2008, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Jan 3 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Warrenoliver

I am sitting here in my Leiney T-shirt laughing my ass off. If you guys do that, let me know. I will get there.

Very nice!!!
jim912928
Hey...one of the benefits us snow belt folks have....it sure is easy cleaning up the doggie piles...just scoop and fling it into the fields like a rock! Oh, and you don't have to clean the little shovel!
Beamer13
yup, it's just like a big white litter box out there for puppies :0)
KaptKaos
I made my wife take my picture just now of me, outside with my teener, in shorts and a T-shirt (my Leinenkugel T-shirt). It's kinda cold here, about 60. bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment
Beamer13
Dude, that's just cold in a whole new way sad.gif

Oh well, I'm over it now!!

Bottoms up!!

beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif drunk.gif
wbergtho

I think we 'sconsin' and 'mnssota' guys ought to get together for a winter autocross meeting on a lake. We could set up an ice course for the teeners and put in a few tipups to catch some walleyes. The beer would of course have to stay in the coolers to keep it from freezing!

Warrenoliver

You had me laughing my ass off after I read your post!!! The visual I put together in my mind just about knocked me back asswards over my chair! driving.gif av-943.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Beamer13
There's actually a video on Utube of a baby blue teener whippin cheerios in a field in Minnesota
wbergtho
A guy should really find that coveted video and post it here for us all to gleam over...
Beamer13
Ask, and you shall receive:-)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HIFvg3-c9LI

copy and paste for your viewing pleasure
bigkensteele
Yeah, thanks to man-made global warming, it was a balmy 10 degrees here in Cincinnati. Five polar bears have drowned in my front yard so far this year. That is up from 3 in 1998.

Luckily, the Porsches are stored above freezing level and Al Gore invented this internet thingee so I could talk to all of you folks.

Thank Go.., I mean thank Karl Marx for Al Gore, who I hope is staying warm in his 20,000 sf mansion tonight. He is a true crusader.
wbergtho
av-943.gif Too bad about those 5 polar bears in your front yard....what a shame. Too bad Al Gore wasn't there so the polar bear's last act of revenge on mankind would be tearing him limb from limb. shades.gif
wbergtho
Well there's nothing I can do about it being winter in WI but i can certainly get on an airplane and fly 21 hours to Thailand and hang out on the beach at Koh Samet Island....which is exactly what I have done! WI weather be damned!
davep
It was 14ÂșC here in Burford today (north of Lake Erie), but a little damp.
The mounds of snow we had are almost gone. If it stays warm for long, then I'll be out with the lawnmower.
wbergtho
Here's a view from Samet Island, Thailand.
iamchappy
My cousin just moved outside the city of Pattaya, has a studio apt. overlooking the bay and 2 blocks from the beach, got a motor bike and a cell phone, says life is gooood.
wbergtho
Yes...a "moto-sigh" is a must have in Thailand! Blue two stroke smoke everywhere. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.