Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-What kind of car is this? Body Work Special
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

In my travels today I stopped at RM Classics showroom in Ypsi. MI (near Ann Arbor) & they had a Posie car in the showroom. Any Street Rodder knows about this true metal craftsman out of Hummeltown PA. You have to see this car to appreciate the workmanship. wub.gif

Since it was at RM I assume it will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson in the future.

I'll post a few pictures & if your interested I'll post more this evening. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
TJB/914
A few more.

Tom
TJB/914
Last ones unless you want more this evening.

Tom
byndbad914
that thing looks pretty cool - what is the car based on, a bug?
SirAndy
i'd be peeing my pants as soon as the first corner comes in sight ... that car was not build to handle ...
huh.gif Andy
pffft
47 chebbie

try here

here's more

patrick
Ferg
Wow, that's very cool.

Did it look as long and narrow in person as it does in some pics...

other than that, very very cool

Ferg
JPB
agree.gif Thats waht ya call some serious dirt road suspension. Way cool rat rod though and would be bitchin in flat black. beer.gif
byndbad914
wow, if that is a 47 Chevy that thing is severely narrowed and sectioned/chopped, etc. I guessed bug due to how narrow it appears to be...
byndbad914
yep, from the site

But he didnt stop there. The sleek-for-the-late-40s fastback was narrowed 12 inches, then sliced and diced, in POSIES words. The body was channeled down over the custom tubular frame, and nine inches of its lower edges were simply cut off. The original fenders were left on the shop floor after they were removed. The hammered roof was finished with a vestigial sunshade, and topped with a carefully shaped insert that was neatly riveted in place. In keeping with this cars unorthodox nature, a modified 32 Ford grille shell with an expanded metal insert was canted at a slight angle, and flanked by a pair of sleek, Art Deco headlamps, to complete the front visage, The result, finished in PPG Dark Regal Blue semi-gloss, is faithful to its origins, but its taken on a much more aggressive look thats reminiscent of a modified Sportsman racer.

Narrowed a freakin' foot! bottom 9" GONE. Explains why it looks more Vdub than Chebby.

Hey JPB... I actually like the satin blue better myself laugh.gif Purty cool either way...
TJB/914
Here's some more pictures showing workmanship underside and the beautiful interior. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
TJB/914
Here's a few more along with some other bikes & classic's. This place is a staging showroom for the next Barrett Jackson auction.

T
TJB/914
I believe this red roadster is the original hot rod built by Edsel Ford during his youth.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Tom
boxstr
Here is a 48 Chev sedan in a more stock condition.
CCL
bigkensteele
I liked it until I saw further pictures.

I don't get it. I like hot rods, and the first few pics were pleasing, but then the modern(ish) Roush power plant combined with the ancient brakes and skinny tires? Then the interior pics showed up. Ugly material meets poor design and decides to go out drinking with bad execution, and here is the bastard child. I hate to bash, but I really hope that pictures don't do this car justice.
sww914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 3 2008, 10:07 PM) *

Here is a 48 Chev sedan in a more stock condition.
CCL

I can't see the car. Is there a car in that picture?
JPB

It is a pretty blue with that plad interior and thats what caught my eye first; it looks finished, but I'd have a whacky bitchin somethin in the interior to match my bitchin black exterior to match my bitching disposition. biggrin.gif
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I have to admit this car is not for everyone, but look at the metal work pray.gif
It would be great to call up Roush and say hey I need a 300hp inline 6 motor for my car than call up the interior guy and say sew me up a nice leather interior.

I wonder what Barrett Jackson will get for it on auction $_____??????

Tom
boxstr
I have to agree with Ken it is an odd looking duck. But it is different, and it will get attention and I think it will be in the $150-175K at BJ auction.
Here is one of my all time favorite 48 Chey Fleetliners LoFat on the salt.
The other is a pic of "Bombacitas" at a picinc.
Sorry I couldn't resist, I had to throw my own LoFat 48 in the mix. biggrin.gif
CCL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.