Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: ECU/EMS Theft
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
My daily driver since new has been broken in to now twice in 6 months in front of my house! This time I came out to find the car with the seat partially reclined and the dome light off. No big deal except it wouldn't start. I diagnosed it as a faulty coil/ignitor which I had had replaced by my local Honda guy. No big deal - off I went for vacation anyway...

I come home two weeks later and have it towed to him. He calls me to tell me that the ECU had been stolen and this is the 3rd one in 3 months he has seen!

I'm gonna fix this and get rid of the car. It's old and I feel like its marked now. I still have no idea how they got in. They locked the door and put all the panels back so I wouldn't know!

headbang.gif
orange914
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 3 2008, 08:29 PM) *

My daily driver since new has been broken in to now twice in 6 months in front of my house! This time I came out to find the car with the seat partially reclined and the dome light off. No big deal except it wouldn't start. I diagnosed it as a faulty coil/ignitor which I had had replaced by my local Honda guy. No big deal - off I went for vacation anyway...

I come home two weeks later and have it towed to him. He calls me to tell me that the ECU had been stolen and this is the 3rd one in 3 months he has seen!

I'm gonna fix this and get rid of the car. It's old and I feel like its marked now. I still have no idea how they got in. They locked the door and put all the panels back so I wouldn't know!

headbang.gif

that stinx! my 21 year old is into the civic scene, its amazing how easily stolen those are. the big thing they do is shave a key down and stick it in any honda, wiggle and turn - that easy.
buy a gun idea.gif fighting19.gif
wish you well with it.

mike
rick 918-S
A little packing tape wrapped around the ECU with some razor blades sticking out from the edges and that will never happen again. Of course you'll never get all the blood out of the car either.
Sleepin
My second day in my house I had my old turbo Civic broke into...the only thing stolen, my Hondata EMS. Since then my wife has been under instruction that if she hears and catches anyone in my car while I am gone to simply unload my 40 round clip into the car! Screw the car...I hate thieves!!!!! biggrin.gif
yeahmag
Seeing as I had no sign of forced entry I'd guess it was something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g11d_d1CQZE...feature=related

...this is way screwed up.

-Aaron
highways
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 3 2008, 09:30 PM) *

Seeing as I had no sign of forced entry I'd guess it was something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g11d_d1CQZE...feature=related

...this is way screwed up.

-Aaron

Or something like this:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/815372/unloc..._a_tennis_ball/

smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.