Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smokey
Has it been done ? We all know the 14 will float . A cut down single seat 14 snowmobile . Two ski & smoke.gif Maby dual power trax . ANYONE ?
smokey
popcorn[1].gif smoke.gif
rick 918-S
Why do you have soooo many snow boards? Holy! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
woobn8r
call Jesse James...

I don't know how much sleddin' you have done, but I wouldn't want to get THAT stuck!!!
VaccaRabite
I used to know what these were called, but have forgotten. Pretty cool stuff. Just take off your wheel, and bolt these on in place. The drive wheel turns the treads.

IPB Image

But, put a set of these on the back, and set up skis for the front/steering. It would work, and be pretty simple (assuming that your car had enough HP to even turn the snow treads). Will raise your cars ride height considerably.

silvernineonefour
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 4 2008, 07:52 AM) *

I used to know what these were called, but have forgotten. Pretty cool stuff. Just take off your wheel, and bolt these on in place. The drive wheel turns the treads.

IPB Image

But, put a set of these on the back, and set up skis for the front/steering. It would work, and be pretty simple (assuming that your car had enough HP to even turn the snow treads). Will raise your cars ride height considerably.

MATTRACKS

You put them on all four hubs, even with 2WD/RWD. They work very well. Mattracks sells them by the set, not by the pair. If an ATV can turn them, I kinda think a 914 can too. Very well made. There is another manufacturer who makes a slightly cheaper version, but I don't have a link.
smokey
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 4 2008, 06:22 AM) *

Why do you have soooo many snow boards? Holy! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

I ride for BARFOOT snowboards . I have been with them for about twenty years . smoke.gif
jaminM3
QUOTE(smokey @ Jan 4 2008, 10:04 AM) *

I ride for BARFOOT snowboards . I have been with them for about twenty years . smoke.gif

Smokey,
Hook a brother up biggrin.gif

Seriously, could you score a sweet deel on some boards??
Sleepin
Could do something like this Subaru with tracks!
smokey
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jan 4 2008, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(smokey @ Jan 4 2008, 10:04 AM) *

Smokey,
Hook a brother up biggrin.gif

Seriously, could you score a sweet deel on some boards??

199.00 delivered . YES i can . The 08 boards are being pressed now . Chuck has been real buisy with the skate board sales . Erni D and Chucky are werking like little elffs . What is your wieght and foot size ? get back . smoke.gif
scotty b
smile.gif Nice rides Smokey
Brando
Seeing those Mattracks... hmmmm... Rallye 914...
smokey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 4 2008, 05:54 PM) *

smile.gif Nice rides Smokey

nice smoke.gif
smokey
DA CLAWS DA LAW ! Gota gettumair enlandum . Werds to live by . Ride to live; live to ride . BARFOOT has been around from day 1 . look it up . smoke.gif
PeeGreen 914
Didn't they start up near Mt. Baker?
smokey
Barfoot is out of Santa Barbra . The 1st fun runs were at Soda Springs , and Baker . smoke.gif The team shot is at Squaw Valley ca . Yours truely is top right . Chuck is the little guy in the middle . In front of the guy holding the board up . He stands like 5/1 . tinny . but he shredds . all the guys u see shread . and still do . smoke.gif
PeeGreen 914
I thought there was something to do with Mt. Baker biggrin.gif I used to teach ski school at Stevens and Whistler. My parents have a cabin up near Baker and I ran into one of the barefoot guys about 15 years ago. Cool people. Gave me my first board. Sadly after a bad car accident when I was 19 I killed my knee and have not ever been able to get back up. I finally have surgery two years ago and my knee feels strong enough to go back up. I may wait until next year though. after waiting 10 years what's another year?
smokey
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jan 4 2008, 10:07 PM) *

I thought there was something to do with Mt. Baker biggrin.gif I used to teach ski school at Stevens and Whistler. My parents have a cabin up near Baker and I ran into one of the barefoot guys about 15 years ago. Cool people. Gave me my first board. Sadly after a bad car accident when I was 19 I killed my knee and have not ever been able to get back up. I finally have surgery two years ago and my knee feels strong enough to go back up. I may wait until next year though. after waiting 10 years what's another year?

Yes; all the BF people are some of the finest in the land . I think that has been one of chucks down falls . how is it . the nice guy gets fucked . Well he and all of the Crew have always been NICE guys . Jake and tom are not so nice . ( BURTON ,SIMS ). Look who is on top . anyway . It s all good and will be for a long time . Think anbout a neopreem brace that slipps on your leg . it will add extra support . FRONT leg . smoke.gif
scotty b
Hey Smokey, Ever since I got the Barfoot I have had trouble with the front of my leg KILLING me after riding for a while. I have swapped bindings between the 2 boards with no difference. Tried different angles with no difference. Any ideas? Barfoot is definitely wider and I'm wondering if the additional effort to make turns is where the stress is coming from. I've always been more of a carver/free rider than a trick guy. As much as I like the Barfoot, that K2 is just a f-in carver ! Fast as hell too. I tend to ride it most often.
smokey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 5 2008, 01:48 PM) *

Hey Smokey, Ever since I got the Barfoot I have had trouble with the front of my leg KILLING me after riding for a while. I have swapped bindings between the 2 boards with no difference. Tried different angles with no difference. Any ideas? Barfoot is definitely wider and I'm wondering if the additional effort to make turns is where the stress is coming from. I've always been more of a carver/free rider than a trick guy. As much as I like the Barfoot, that K2 is just a f-in carver ! Fast as hell too. I tend to ride it most often.

ey scotty ; The board u are asking about was made in three differnt sizes . 152 158 162 . all three had two sizes to pick from . a 152 narrow . and a 152 wide . the center section of the board is wider on the extra wide bords . U may have a 158 exrta wide . that board is very hard to carve well . it is so wide that it takes alot of extra effort to get it up on an edge . and with a little snow on the top of the board , it realy make the boards a tank . JUST the 158 extra wide and the 162 extra wide . those two are only realy for riding deep pow . It is considered a all mountain board . SO is u walked into a shop and stared in with . I ride everywere . they are hearing u want an all mountan board .or anextra wide in the center stance . Pull your shoo off and stand on the board . in the center . If you feet barrly hang . then u have a extra wide . if the foot hangs off the board bothn sides . u have a narrow . or a reg size center stance . The other board u are riding is from a different time . ( old school ) BUY a new BOARD . you foot size and wieght is what will get u into the right board . Telll me what your sizes are . GREAT to find a barfootean teener . Thank U . U made my day . Keep on footen . Peace Rick . U can read about me at barfoot.com .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.