Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The good the bad and the ugly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
A friend asked me to restore his 73 914 for him, it has been in his family since purchased, it has a little over 50k miles on it, he knew his father in-law had it painted a few years ago. It looks really good in the first pictures, you can see how perfect the interior is, well I finally drug it home to start the restoration, I started to jack it up to put it on stands and rust started to fall out...ouch, as you can see the longs are toast! What a shame, the rest of this car is close to perfect, I called him and asked him to come over, needless to say he was upset. We are looking for a more solid shell to transfer all the good parts. It is really sad since it is basically a one owner/family car...darn cancer!!!
1bad914
Interior
1bad914
Passenger long, it is all the way back to the suspension console, and goes all the way to the front.
1bad914
Driver long, it also is swiss cheese. icon8.gif Nice mouse house!
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif sad.gif So sad.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jan 5 2008, 05:06 PM) *

blink.gif sad.gif So sad.

agree.gif

did you get the VIN and other info???

even if you guys end up cutting it, we'd like to make sure it gets it's place in history ...
sad.gif Andy
iamchappy
I hate when that happens, the car that i purchased new off of the showroom floor in 73 suffered the same fate, i hated to cut it up but on the upside is that many of it's parts were transplanted into the turbo car. It will give up it's life so others will live.

Or get to work and save the bitch, I've seen worse......
brp986s
c'mon - take a crack at it! All the parts are available to fix it. Numerous threads here describe it. Any chassis you find is going to have issues of some sort.
1bad914
Not my choice, the owner is deciding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.