Thanks

Mark
SirAndy
QUOTE(Engman @ Jan 5 2008, 05:27 PM) *

So its been awhile in the making but take a look and give me some feedback

http://engmanparts.com

i like the look. clean and all ... smilie_pokal.gif

a few things:

- where is it hosted? it's loading really slow for me and i'm at work on a fast internet connection ...

- having your actual email on your page is a bad idea. any spam spider/robot will be able to harvest it and you'll have 100s of spam emails in your account within weeks.
you should think about a "contact us" page where you have a form where the actual email is never exposed (server side scripted)

- change your paypal account to your biz name, not your email address! (see above)

- change look & feel of the paypal page to reflect your biz website design. (makes people feel more comfortable)

- you need some sort of "privacy policy" and "terms of use" to cover your asses.

- you need a copyright notice.

- you should list a real address where your biz is located.

check out the site i did for dan callicot, it'll give you an idea of what i'm talking about ...
http://www.5five5.com/

type.gif Andy
smokey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 5 2008, 05:39 PM) *

a few things:

- where is it hosted? it's loading really slow for me and i'm at work on a fast internet connection ...

- having your actual email on your page is a bad idea. any spam spider/robot will be able to harvest it and you'll have 100s of spam emails in your account within weeks.
you should think about a "contact us" page where you have a form where the actual email is never exposed (server side scripted)

- change your paypal account to your biz name, not your email address! (see above)

- change look & feel of the paypal page to reflect your biz website design. (makes people feel more comfortable)

- you need some sort of "privacy policy" and "terms of use" to cover your asses.

- you need a copyright notice.

- you should list a real address where your biz is located.

check out the site i did for dan callicot, it'll give you an idea of what i'm talking about ...
http://www.5five5.com/

type.gif Andy

agree.gif

DAM . andy U ROCK . that site , the one u created . WOW . It is sweet . clap56.gif
bperry
Cool. I really like it. Nice and easy with single price ordering.
I didn't see some of the other parts so I assume there is still some work in progress.
--- bill
jim_hoyland
Nice site Mark.
thomasotten
Cool, just bought a strap!
914MF
do you still make mounts for the rear sway bar?
ejm
Looks good Mark. I like the uncluttered design and the engineering feel of the background. Comments..

I also found the pages slow loading

On the 914 suspension parts page there is a scrolling frame on a scrolling page (at least on my screen). I would lose the background for table 2 and just scroll the whole page. The left side navigation panel could be made to float so it is always in view.

On the Miata side I got a couple of your hosting companies generic "404, page not found" pages, no doubt since the site's still under construction. Every site sometimes has a bad link. Set up a custom 404 page with you sites "look" with a navigation box and maybe a "tell me" button.

Meta tag keywords might help search engines refer your site and a statcounter will tell you who visits.

yenningComity
The pages did not load slowly for me but it is early on a sunday. Aside from what has been said on the Porsche Products page you have a frame with its own scroll bar. It makes things a bit more awkward to use. You would be better off making the scroll bar invisible, or better yet just merging it with the page and have a return to top button at the bottom for those of us who are lazy. Also, The links would be better off as buttons which change color once scrolled over. It would help make the site a bit more professional.
EdwardBlume
It gets the job done. Added to favorites!
nsr-jamie
Hi, I just checked out your new site and also added it to my favorites, Andy is right...it took a bit to load on my PC and I have a super fast fiber optic connection, I think it could be you need to reduce the file size of some of your graphics. Do you have Photoshop? If so, try to save them FOR WEB and play with the settings a bit say at 45 - 51 percent and use the split windows so you can compare. You want to keep the images and graphics as low as possible so your page loads up quick and potential customers dont walk away or click away.

I think you have some great ideas for new 914 projects, I'll probably be ordering from you in the future for sure. Glad to see so many new shops opening up catering to the 914, its wonderful as I need many parts living over here in Japan and can't get much, thanks, cheers and good luck

Jamie
ConeDodger
Firmly plunked into my Porsche Favorite File!!! Thanks for what you do Mark!
Slider
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 5 2008, 05:39 PM) *

a few things:

type.gif Andy

I agree with andy.. another way to do it if you don't want to use Scripting. Is to make an image with your email address on it, the bots cant read what the image says but your customers will be able to see your email address
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Engman @ Jan 5 2008, 08:27 PM) *

Thanks

Mark

You don't need a Home link on the Home page.
SirAndy
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Jan 7 2008, 12:29 PM) *

You don't need a Home link on the Home page.

confused24.gif
rfuerst911sc
Looks great and loaded quickly for me.
Engman
Thanks for all of the comments!

Andy, thanks for taking time to look at it. I had a meeting with my IT deparment and pointed out your remarks. Some of it has been implemented and they are working on the rest.

If there is something you want not listed on the site, email or pm me. We are working on adding more content.

The sister site for Miatas is a work in process. My partner is running this. We are also working on adding products to his site.

Mark
brer
are the engineering images yours? from CAD ?

nice site.
So.Cal.914
I like it, clean and simple. I think Andy had some good ideas. Best of luck.
914finoooatic
Engman,
I was curious if you were going to offer specials or discounts on your site?

Engman
We have talked about doing some specials - have a few kinks to work out first.

We did add a couple more parts this week though.

Thanks

Mark
charliew
QUOTE(Engman @ Jan 10 2008, 06:27 PM) *

Thanks

Mark

Mark Hi, when I ordered your stiffener kit I was surprised how quickly it arrived a few months ago. I liked the fuse panel and shim kit so I just ordered those. Keep the good stuff coming. Thanks for the fast shipping on the stiffener kit.

Charliew
race914
Congrats on the new site!

I just ordered the 914 Front trunk Air block off Kit to replace the duct tape!
JPB
Sweet site and user friendly. Will have this on my favorits list. beer.gif
Engman
QUOTE(charliew @ Jan 11 2008, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Engman @ Jan 10 2008, 06:27 PM) *

Thanks

Mark

Mark Hi, when I ordered your stiffener kit I was surprised how quickly it arrived a few months ago. I liked the fuse panel and shim kit so I just ordered those. Keep the good stuff coming. Thanks for the fast shipping on the stiffener kit.

Charliew

One of my goals is to keep everything I have on the site in stock all the time.
Another one is to keep my shipping quick - I know how I hate ordering something and having it take a long time to arrive.

Thanks for the comments!

Mark
TROJANMAN
Nice Work Mark.
And thanks again for your donation to this year's Red Rocks Classic wink.gif
Engman
We have updated the site and added some more parts!

Hope to have more later this month!

Mark
rebelmdot
Well done, loaded quickly for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.