Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 conversion- will this pressure plate work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Hey guys I am useing a 3.0 911 engine for my /6 conversion. I am planning on useing the OEM flywheel with a conversion ring gear. Yesterday online I found a Sachs aluminum pressure plate ( used ) in good condition per the seller and within specs. The part number is 915 116 001 16. I am useing a 1974 901 tranny. So the question on the table is will this pressure plate work for my setup? And if it will work what throwout bearing would I use, a 914 or 911 style? So conversion guru's help me out please. beerchug.gif
smokey
patrick motorsports . They have what u need . .com it . smoke.gif
sixnotfour
the answer is out there

iamchappy
http://www.kennedyeng.com/index.htm

Stage 2 set up with their throw out bearing is what you want.

FYI, Patrick buys there starter rings from them.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 5 2008, 06:09 PM) *

http://www.kennedyeng.com/index.htm

Stage 2 set up with their throw out bearing is what you want.

FYI, Patrick buys there starter rings from them.

I have already contacted Kennedy and received a quote on their stage II setup and it was reasonable. I only mentioned this used pressure plate because it was aluminum and more desireable than steel in terms of rotating mass. But lighter isn't any good if it won't fit dry.gif Thanks for the feeddback. beerchug.gif
Series9
That pressure plate will not work.

Get the kit from PMS.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jan 9 2008, 06:12 PM) *

That pressure plate will not work.

Get the kit from PMS.

agree.gif a 915 pressure plate will not work on a 901 ...

bye1.gif Andy
TimT
a 915 pressure plate will not work on a 901

sez who?

I have a 915 RSR aluminum pressure plate between my 901 and 3.2.

I did convert the 901 to be a pull type clutch. If you look at the bell housing of the transmission, right next to where the pivot for the "push" style fork is, there is a boss where the "pull" type pivot ball will go. You have to do a bit of creative fitting and reinforcing (read back up plate) but it can be done..

This set up has been on my car for over 6 years and works great
SirAndy
QUOTE(TimT @ Jan 9 2008, 06:53 PM) *

sez who?
I did convert the 901 to be a pull type clutch.

i do ...

of course you can use a 915 pressure plate on a 901.
if you throw enough money and time at it, you can do almost anything you can dream up.

but that's besides the point here, me thinks. his PP will not work with the 901 unless he is willing to do quite a bit of creative reworking.

my impression from his post was that he was looking for a "plug & play" solution. in which case the PP won't work ...
bye1.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.