Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT looking for resident realtors need earnest agreement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
We have an offer on our lake place. We are meeting with the purchasers tomorrow. We need a simple earnest money agreement to bring to the brunch. Anyone have a generic simple form that can email?

cyfied@gmail.com
spare time toys
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 5 2008, 10:08 PM) *

We have an offer on our lake place. We are meeting with the purchasers tomorrow. We need a simple earnest money agreement to bring to the brunch. Anyone have a generic simple form that can email?

cyfied@gmail.com

Ill try to send you a TEXAS one if it will help
boxstr
Generic on the way.
CCL
PeeGreen 914
Looks like others already have biggrin.gif Let me know if you need anything from me.
rick 918-S
Thanks Craig, Got it! I'll write you an IOU for that 7 percent on an ice cube and put it right in the kitchen window where I won't forget it. LOL

Seriously, I owe you one buddy! THANKS!
spare time toys
Oh well he beat me to it. Im still trying to figure out how to get zip forms to work on the new toy..
angerosa
When we bought our house which was FSBO, we went with the sellers to a lawyer and wrote it up together and signed it right there. It was included in the cost of the closing which the lawyer also performed. If you just want the lawyer to write up the EMA it should cost around $70 - $100. You'll be sure that all the requirements of your state and county are included that way and the lawyer may think of things you both wouldn't. Stuff that spells out what should happen if certain unexpected situations arrise so both parties will have already agreed on their responsibilities should contingencies come about.
Gint
Didn't you just finish that off a year or so ago? Why sell?!?!?!
jaybird840
Just a word of quick advice sent by blackberry, As a broker in Texas, I would advise you to get a form promulgated for use in your state. Contract requirements can vary widely state to state, and I'd hate to see you get jammed up. you can often download the correct form from your state's regulating agency. In Texas, it is www.trec.state.tx.us. Be careful, as a seller it is much harder to get out of a contract than as a buyer if something goes wrong. Just my .02

--Jaybird
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 6 2008, 11:03 AM) *

Didn't you just finish that off a year or so ago? Why sell?!?!?!

Yes, As a matter of fact, I just finished installing the gas line to the stove.

This place we sold is 4.8 acres on a 5800 acre lake. It's 42 miles from our house. There is about 10 miles of dirt road to get there. We wanted to build a year round home there but I couldn't see driving the Alien out there. So we lucked out a year ago and found a 3.8 acre lot on a private bay on a 9800 acre lake 20 miles from our house and there's less than a mile of dirt road. The major part of the dirt road has tall pines on both sides so the dirt stays damp and shaded.

We had this property listed with a realtor for the prime season without an offer. We took over the sale in December and had a buyer in 3 weeks. (in the dead of winter)

Were stoked! I'm working on the plans for the new shack. I'm building a modern 50's 60's style house. Atomic Ranch style. http://www.atomic-ranch.com/ http://www.theplancollection.com/modern-house-plans

Stay tuned.. assimilate.gif
Gint
Sounds pretty cool Rick.
boxstr
Rick I love the Atomic Ranch homes. There are a lot of them in the Palm Springs area.
Which plan are you building?
Craig C. Laughlin
jd74914
I really like that style Rick. Congrats on the new property biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Here's our new lot and view from the dock.The house will be directly infront of the dock area. All glass including the attached garage wall facing the lake. course it's all ice now..

Well that's the big dreams.. We'll see.
alpha434

Build it in the water.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 10 2008, 08:13 PM) *

Rick I love the Atomic Ranch homes. There are a lot of them in the Palm Springs area.
Which plan are you building?
Craig C. Laughlin

I'm interviewing local architecs. I want to use some of the traditional styling of past designs with some of today's energy saving materials.

Here's a couple of my ideas: The house will be 3 bedrooms 3 1/2 baths with Geo-thermo heat and A/C. Passive solar and the latest insulated glass design.

1 first floor bedroom will have a patio type door opening into the livingroom and looking through the livingroom to the lake view.
2 second floor bedrooms will have fixed patio style doors overlooking the livingroom and with views to the lake. Living room will have a conversation pit with a down draft center fireplace. I haven't found one yet. I may have to custom build it.

As you pull into the garage the end wall will be glass with a view of the lake. All traditional minimalist design. I saw some cool black rock I like as an accent wall.

If I could draw I'd sketch it out. I work better when I just build stuff. confused24.gif

I'll post our plans when their done.

I will finally get my boat in the water this year. I'm stoked!
jd74914
Geothermal coupled with good insulation and low E glass is the way to go. smile.gif

That looks like a beautiful property. Are you planning on selling your current home once the building there is finished?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:34 AM) *

Geothermal coupled with good insulation and low E glass is the way to go. smile.gif

That looks like a beautiful property. Are you planning on selling your current home once the building there is finished?

That's the plan. Were going to see how much we can get done there over the next couple years while the kids are in college. Then we'll sell this big old house and finish the lake place.

Lots to do. confused24.gif
alpha434
You can use a thermal line in the water for the cooling. Which will cost more, but be much more efficient.

The heat line will have to be in the ground, unless you've got hotsprings around. That would be most efficient for heat.

Why do you keep spelling college "collage?" It's driving me nuts.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:11 PM) *

You can use a thermal line in the water for the cooling. Which will cost more, but be much more efficient.

The heat line will have to be in the ground, unless you've got hotsprings around. That would be most efficient for heat.

Why do you keep spelling college "collage?" It's driving me nuts.

Ya, wet soil is actually better for both heating and cooling as I understand. The driveway crosses a creek as you enter the lot. There is a section of wet lands around it. I think I can have the geo-thermo coils buried in the wetlands. You can't fill it in but for geo-thermo they may let me disturb an area to bury the coils.

I changed the word for you... screwy.gif Thought about leaving it because I know it bothered you poke.gif
ottox914
Hey Rick, if you and your wife are ever in Rice Lake, give me a shout and stop by- our house, while not strictly a ranch, has lots of glass and some cool older features. My wife is an interior designer/decorator, maybe we could pop the top on some suds and pitch ideas around...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.