Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil does San Jose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rubber Boa
Will for those that heard the new of the storm on the west coast this past week end, we that made it to the two car garage to rebuild trans axles had a good time and learned a lot about problem and fixes that will keep the 14's on the road and shifting great.

That said I have not put mine back in yet.... but by hand the shifting is way more positive.

The only draw back for me was I was working on a tail shifter and did not get to suck in as much of the side shifter knowledge i would have liked............ That said I am in know way reluctant to open up my side shifters and work on them. Mike did a great job moving through the gases filled garage, with the oder of brake clean, trans oil and beer farts. The only saving grace was the 50 mile per hour wind that could clear the room in seconds.

The entire cost for the two days with rent car, room, parts and knowledge was around 900.00 (came in from Oregon) Which seems a bargain when taking in to account the people I met the hands on experience. If I would have sent it to Bend Or. German Trans. the cost would have been 1500.00.

I would like to host one in Oregon, but Mike may be to wrapped up in his MD. program>>>>

Five thumbs up from Boa
EdwardBlume
Well put. Good to meet you Rubber Boa. A good time was had by all. beerchug.gif
Borderline
Cool Tim, you found your computer and started your own "thread"...very good!! biggrin.gif It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone there, I had a great time. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Quotable quotes:

Setting - me bent over a transmission looking at the rear cover, Tim (Boa) standing behind me says, "That rear needs some cleaning" ?

Boa - "What color is that white shirt?"

Me - "I'm not just a mechanic and a doctor, I am also a marital counselor."

Rubber Boa
Truly my biggest disappointment of the week end..... is/was no one told me what color the shirt was. I have told several friend here in Or. about the trip and how much fun we had.

Cheers every one and have a safe new year

Boa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.