Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
A few weeks ago I posted a poll to take your votes on what color to repaint my 73. Yellow won by a wide margin, and I agree, but am looking for the the paint code to tell the body shop.

The yellow I had in mind was not the 914 screaming yellow zonkers, but more like my late lamented 62 1600 Super 'Condor Yellow'. Good God! I bought that new 42 years ago!!

Anyway, it faded to a really neat soft color and was just right. I think Ford used a similar shade on last year's TBird, but can't find it. Any ideas?
boxsterfan
How about one of these yellows from the 914 Colors page?

914 Colors
Joe Bob
http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/SaturnYe...turnYellow.html

This one is what Blondie is getting. I "think" it's L13M....not sure.....it's in the door on the badge and it's already ordered.....
redshift
Go to www.volkswagen.com you are looking for "Mellow Yellow".

http://vw.autodatadirect.com/ASC/config/se...in=VC&LoggedOn=

That is never going to work...

M
MarkV
Here is the factory 73 code:
Howard
Thanks, all. This is tough. '1 summer' and 2 'chrome' look good to me, 3 'saturn' and 4 'sunflower' don't.

1 and 2 are supposed to be the same., as are 3 & 4. But you see what I mean. If I use the mix boxterfan provided, plug it in to MS paint, neither option is quite what I want.

That leaves me with redshift's VW mellow yellow. Just about the soft color I had in mind, so will go by local dealer and see one in the flesh.
ss6
Sunflower Yellow is L-13K.

Check your local FLAPS', one of the local shops more than likely has the PPG charts shown above, you can eyeball them up close and in person, maybe even get a rattle can made up to play with...
MarkV
L13-K:
seanery
ok, who's got one of them color charts for tangerine?
MarkV
Try looking here the VW years are more complete & the codes are the same.

www,autocolorlibrary.com
redshift
I'd like to thank Mark for giving fantasy car builds a whole new dynamic.. finger.gif .. like I needed something to do with my time!

Jees.. oooooOoo Packard Maroon!

M
MarkV
Sean,

They put a copyright on the .jpgs since the last time I was there. Look at the 71 VW page.

Miles,

You are welcome. bootyshake.gif
boxstr
This is GM Yellow this is a clear yellow.
CCLINFAST14
redshift
That is not a clear yellow... a clear yellow would be clear, and we could see all that rust thru it..

laugh.gif

Hey, all you Ravenna haters, have you ever seen Yosemite Green? laugh.gif laugh.gif

M
Mountain914
How much of a 'faded yellow' look are you going for ?
Here is my 2002 Subaru WRX - in Blaze Yellow (only 450 produced in this color)
Probably a bit too "pastel" or too southwestern a shade ?
I think it's cool !!
bernbomb914
rustrolum has chrome yellow in a rattle can I used it to touch up my interior repairs it is a good match

Bernie
Howard
Yup, I want something between mountain914's Subie and boxter's flared 914. Mellow Yellow still in the lead.
thesey914
Craig, are those Borbet wheels or Avez?
Part Pricer
I've got the originals of the color charts on my server if you need them.

boxstr
Borbet.
CCLINWORLDOFWHEELS
thesey914
Thought so.....I used to have a set for some car I owned....still got the center caps and the locking bolts with the plastic Borbet T bar for unlocking said bolts.....you can have 'em if you want.
redshift
I love Azevs, the ones that look like fat stars.

M
boxstr
I will pay postage. Thanks
Craig C. Laughlin
1580 Bedford Ct.
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034 USA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.