Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have a oil pressure sender installed finally.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
How do I wire it?

Are there already pre-existing wires in the harness in the engine bay that I hook to either the on/off or the variable terminals on the pressure switch?

I've always had a red light on in my dash. I"m guessing that is the oil pressure dummy light. But the Renegade switch has two terminals on it...

Now I'm confused.. and getting frustrated. blink.gif chair.gif

I need a hug... LOL grouphug.gif

My car is a '74 if that makes a difference.
type47
there should be a wire in the harness for the oil pressure switch. i looked in a wiring diagram for a 74 (i think you can see a wiring diagram on pelican) and it shows a green/red wire for the oil pressure switch. (track 70 to F1, oil pressure switch). if your renegade switch is a dual pole, use one pole (you have to find the correct one) for the idiot light and you will have to run a wire for the other pole to a gauge.
thesey914
The Red/green wire goes to the pressure switch. There should be a green/black wire that is used for temp that you could use for a pressure gauge.
I ran a new green/white wire that I used for my pressure gauge (as in the 911 loom) so I could run a pressure switch, a pressure gauge an temp gauge.
McMark
agree.gif These guys have got you on the right track.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jan 8 2008, 02:01 AM) *

But the Renegade switch has two terminals on it...

one for the pressure gauge, one for the idiot light ...

the wire for the idiot light is already in your harness, it's green/red. you'll have to run a wire for the pressure gauge or use a unused wire in your harness ...
bye1.gif Andy
Dr. Roger
Thanks guys.

You are the best!

piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.