Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area Breakfast for January
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mightyohm
I'd like to step up and organize a Bay Area breakfast for this month. How does Saturday Jan 26th at 9:14AM at the Foster City IHOP sound?

My car is ***finally*** running so I will hopefully be there in it to show off my new 2056. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Trevorg7
Jeff - My daughter has soccer tryouts that day from 9-11am. I'll have to play it by ear and be a late addition at best.

T
jesiv
Sign me up.

James
Jenny
Brian and I should be able to make it. Maybe even in a 914!

Jen
ConeDodger
Jeff,
I love you man, but 200 mile round trip for IHOP will be hard to sell... There is one 2 miles from home! Any other options? Not to be a critic but how about something unique and local?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 8 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Maybe even in a 914!

you are such a tease ... biggrin.gif

i should be there. maybe even in a 914!
chowtime.gif Andy
MartyYeoman
I'll try and make it.
I might even be in a _ _ _.
ConeDodger
Ahhhh... a development! Yopu would think I was crazy to drive a 200 mile round trip to go to IHOP. But Yopu is supposed to be in Texas for some training thing. I may have a way to go after all! driving.gif
mightyohm
I am certainly open to suggestions on the venue.

The criteria are:

- ease of handling a large group, up to ~20 people
- plenty of parking
- relaxed timing so we have lots of time to sit around and take up table space
- central location for the southbay and northbay folks
- cheap eats, gas is expensive enough as it is

IHOP certainly meets all of those criteria. I never said the food had to be spectacular. It's about the people, right? biggrin.gif

To be honest my favorite place we have ever gone was that Original Pancake House, in Fremont I think??
JeffBowlsby
Hey Fremont sounds good, but wherever you decide Jeff...they will come. I will try to make it.
ConeDodger
For me it is about the people. Yopu is the one who might question the 200 mile trip to IHOP. IHOP will be fine. As I said, she will be in Texas for training and it will be just me and Nicho...
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jan 9 2008, 09:30 AM) *

To be honest my favorite place we have ever gone was that Original Pancake House, in Fremont I think??

agree.gif

Jenny
there's an OPH in Los Altos as well, but parking's kinda sucky there. Two more locations in SJ, but I don't know how accomidating their parking is. Although, judging by the 914 turnout rate from previous events, that might not be an issue. wink.gif

Jen
McMark
Damn. I have a meeting with my biggest customer that day. sad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 9 2008, 03:41 PM) *

Damn. I have a meeting with my biggest customer that day. sad.gif

Have him meet you at IHOP at 9:14am!!! biggrin.gif
carreraguy
It's on my calendar!
Tom
jimtab
I'll try my damndest to get there for this....need to talk about cars...need to stop with remodel headaches....
McMark
Maps from Hwy 92...
kenschipper
Will put it on the calendar. Anyone else thinging of coming below San Jose or Santa Cruz are?

PM me and we can link up.

Ken Schipper
smj
Not sure if I'll be in town, but if I am I'll be there.

But on the subject of pancakes, unrelated to this event -- I would recommend the Swedish pancakes at Cafe Vasiliki in Hayward, across the street from Chabot College and a few blocks from Parts Heaven. Three light thin pancakes that overhand the edges of your plate, served with ligonberry butter. Mmmmm...
shoguneagle
If you can firm up the date and place, I should be able to make it. We will traveling through the area about that time. We need to know a couple of days early to include everything in our routing map.

Steve N Sandy Hurt
Dave_Darling
Remember, everyone--if you want it in one particular place, the easiest way to do that is to put a note up early in the month. Announce that breakfast is there this month, and that's all you need to do! smile.gif

Oh, and OPH is a national chain. There's one in Los Altos (yes, very poor parking!), there's one in Cupertino, I hadn't heard of the one in Fremont, and there's one near where I grew up in Champaign, IL. I'm sure there are more... biggrin.gif

So, where is this month's meeing, again??

--DD
McMark
This month is IHOP in Foster City.

As Dave said, if somewhere else sounds better, then set it up and announce the Feb get together. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or any special permission to set up an event. wink.gif
mightyohm
Mark is correct. If anything changes, I will post with the details. If someone wants to organize one elsewhere in Feb I'm all for it!

See you at IHOP. aktion035.gif
McMark
cool.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 13 2008, 12:37 PM) *

cool.gif

Once you achieve orbit that dude loses his head... chowtime.gif
jesiv
FYI the Golden Gate Region Ground School is on this date as well and is required for all newbies such as myself.

Regards,

James

http://www.pca-ggr.org/groundschool.cgi
Trevorg7
I am out for sure; daughters soccer tryouts and sons pinewood derby.

Next time...

T
fiid
I'll be there.
mightyohm
So let's see, here is who has said they are coming so far:

me & Kylie
jesiv
Jenny & Brian
Rob S. (maybe)
SirAndy
Marty
Bowlsby (maybe)
Tom T.
jimtab (maybe)
Ken
smj (maybe)
Steve&Sandy Hurt (maybe)
DD
fiiiid

At 11 + 6 maybe's that's a healthy (yet uncertain) crowd! All you maybes, let me know if you commit!

Again, we're meeting at 9:14AM, Saturday, Jan 26th at the Foster City IHOP (Mark posted directions).
Dave_Darling
DD, yes. (Unless "someone" comes up with something else I need to be doing. wink.gif )

--DD
Jenny
Schweet! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I should be able to drag Brian's ass out of bed for this. If plans change and it's only me, I'll let you know.

Jen
jesiv
I will be there!

James
mightyohm
Got you James. I called IHOP and they're ready for us. drunk.gif

See you next weekend everyone. I'll post a reminder sometime next week.

ConeDodger
I am definately out... Yopu is having a bit of surgery. Nothing major but she will need me to be home Saturday to help her out. Sorry...
mightyohm
Rob, ready for a battle of the massive type ivs?

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jan 20 2008, 12:42 PM) *

Rob, ready for a battle of the massive type ivs?

Oh you innocent child Jeff... Sure, I am most definately ready! biggrin.gif
MartyYeoman
Bump.
jimtab
Marty...are ya bringing your sweetie...my wife will come if she gets a good enough offer....sheeech....
MartyYeoman
Jim,
Not this time. Jeff Bowlsby and I are carpooling.
Maybe if she rides the roof holding on by the wiper blades? biggrin.gif
Marty
McMark
Bowlsby's coming. Damn. I can't stand that I'm missing this one. mad.gif
jimtab
I'm coming anyway....no wife....she bailed....
EdwardBlume
Any room at the iHOP? Maybe I can roll over with the wife and kids!
mightyohm
me & Kylie
jesiv
Jenny & Brian
Rob S.
SirAndy
Marty
Bowlsby
Tom T.
jimtab
Ken
smj (maybe)
Steve&Sandy Hurt (maybe)
DD
fiiiiiiiiid
Rob Ways & company

Looks like we'll have a BIG crowd this time, I count 15-20 people. We should have room, Rob, and as usual if you want to ensure you have a seat, arrive early. biggrin.gif I'll see what IHOP can do for 20, but I think it will be ok.

So out of this awesome crowd, how many 914's will we have???
mightyohm
bump
Jenny
What a (preliminary) head count! I'll be sure to bring my camera and forget to take pictures. smile.gif

Jen
EdwardBlume

You HAD to ask, unless someone wants to sell me one, I've got nothing for you for now... blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Jan 23 2008, 10:15 PM) *

You HAD to ask, unless someone wants to sell me one, I've got nothing for you for now... blink.gif

Ummm........ Rob.....
jimtab
Depends on the weather....my car leaks like a bad rowboat.....
jesiv
Use the truck you drove to Trevor's and bring a picture. Mine leaks too and that's my backup.

Regards,

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.