Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it easy to take the dashboard out ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
do I need any special tools to do this?
is there a good resource explainging how to take the dash out?

thanks,

Levon
type47fan
Check out the thread by Rob Watson (watsonrx13) in the Classic Thread Forum. He documented the removal with excellent text and pictures. . . very easy to follow. . . .

Good luck,
sww914
I think it's a PITA, but you can remove just the top, that's better than a BMW, Honda, or almost anything else, so what am I whining about.
VaccaRabite
It is a HUGE PITA to remove the dash.

Even after you get all the plastic nuts out, you still need a second person to help get the thing out.

I have taken all the stuff off my car, and the dash was the most frusterating.

Zach
Gint
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jan 8 2008, 11:54 PM) *

Check out the thread by Rob Watson (watsonrx13) in the Classic Thread Forum. He documented the removal with excellent text and pictures. . . very easy to follow. . . .

Good luck,

It was also converted to a tech article.

914world Technical Articles link
boxstr
Give yourself an hour and patience and you can do it. It really isn't that difficult.
I guess after removing and reinstalling 30 dashes it should'nt be to hard.
The most difficult part is getting the 2 nuts up under the gauge cluster, very thin fingers help.
Also remember you have to have 9 plastic or aluminum nuts removed before you start to remove the dash assembly.
Take the steering wheel off also.
Good luck..
CCL
Cap'n Krusty
Simple. Remove all the fasteners you can find, including the ones under the hood in the cowl. Then remove the ones you didn't see. After that, you lift it out. The Cap'n
highways
Woo it's a nelly. Small hands and long thin fingers help. So do flashlights and mirrors to see what you're going for. I think I also used a socket with two 6" extenstions at some points- helps to keep the wrench out in the clear. And the nut count provided by boxster is golden. I think that if you remove one of the A pillar trim pads that could also help ease the removal, although not essential. And ofcourse some bolts go straight down, and some go straight back from the front. So lifting it off at some sort of rising 45 degree angle towards yourself is necessary.
dgw
Can this be done without removing the windshield? I did it once a long time ago but i cant remember if I had the windshield out or not.
boxstr
After you remove the dash it can be done without the removal of the windscreen.
Be sure you have the thin foam material under the vinyl. If not you can see all of the deprssions under the vinyl.
Craig c. Laughlin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.