Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad Muffler On A Six?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I'm tired of dorking around with this crappy fiberglass rear valance trying to get it to fit my stock muffler, and was thinking of going with a Triad.

Anybody else running one on thier /6?

Valance installed?

No valance because the muffler looks so cool?

Pics of both if you have them would be nice also. smile.gif
John
I'm using one on my 3.2.

I added chrome tips since taking this pic, but I have no pictures of it currently. I could go out tonight and take some pics in the garage....

I love the TRIAD muffler. Mine is about 14 years old. It was taken off the track car. I sandblasted it and coated it with high temp (Bar-B-Que) paint.

If I had a NEW one, I would send it off to JetHOT and have them coat it.
PeeGreen 914
drunk.gif
J P Stein
Yes, I've had 2. The little one is a bit narly for street use.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 9 2008, 06:33 PM) *

drunk.gif

That's one sexy butt!
Allan
I kinda like the no valance look...
John
I haven't even made a cutout on the passenger side of my rear valence yet.

I am planning on either filling in the drivers side cutout or making a passenger side cutout to match the drivers side.

PeeGreen 914
Me too. I now have what JP has on his car, but I will have the other on there every now and again. The one that JP has sounds amazing... and loud, but it doesn't look like the other Triads. I am making a valance that I can use while that one is one my car so it blends a little more nicely. I would go with the one that I have in the picture. If you call Dave to order one tell him yu want the BIG one. Notice my pipes are larger than others. Looks much better.
rhodyguy
have you driven the car with the center outlets yet jp? if so, any dif in seat of the pants performance? i like it! cool look. i'll have to give dave a call.
PeeGreen 914
I have felt a little difference using that one. You can really tell the weight difference though. It's got a very snarly growl to it too.
J P Stein
I was after the weight loss......28 vs 13. My butt dyno said I didn't loose any power....which was my only requirement. It doesn't sound like your basic 9eleben motor when you're over 6K....sumthin' different.
Porsche Rescue
What the hell has gotten into you JP? The car with the cool decals, sexy muffler, ginther screen, and fancy sissy bar can't belong to the same guy who once had the delphi green/battleship gray hammered flares (AKA Shitbox)! You've gone Hollywood for sure. (It really looks good, but is it fast?)
J P Stein
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jan 11 2008, 12:46 PM) *

(It really looks good, but is it fast?)

I leave the braggin' to those that need to boost their egos.

The major set up for an SCCA XP AX car is done. Now it's just a matter of a few refinements (those I can think of and afford biggrin.gif) and learning to drive the thing.
The good news is that one of the gold standards of 914 AX is up here in the NW so whenever we feel froggy we can go get a comparison to "fast". Last year at the NT event (with a tired motor) we were back a bit......we're workin' on it.

I luv this pic. Thanx for giving me another excuse to post it. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.