Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things you don't want to find in your 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jax914
OK, how about a confession thread. Pics or stories of your "negative" 914 experiences.

Suggested rule: The car must have belonged or currently belong to you.

Rear disc :
IPB Image

and pads?:
IPB Image

Hell hole:
IPB Image

under the engine tin:
IPB Image

inside the longs:
IPB Image

Have fun....
TINCAN914
What the hell is that in the longs? Acorn's?
SirAndy
yieks ... icon8.gif

how about this? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
iamchappy
I have found all of those things but have no pictures, Mouse nest in the intake tubes.
So.Cal.914
So thats where he went. Ask him to role over, I see he showed you "Play Dead".

Worst thing I can think of most of us have...RUST.
PeeGreen 914
Finding the plate with VIN of a '75 and the holes for the 5mph bumpers when you thought you bought a '72 chair.gif
scotty b
Your longs are weak. Weak in a Danielson way. Check out what a masters longs look like !
So.Cal.914
Your Nutz?
degreeoff
Hee hee your Ex!

Click to view attachment
scotty b
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 10 2008, 04:37 PM) *

Your Nutz?

No. Dee's
Porcharu
Water!
After my avatar picture was taken the poor car had about 2" of water in the passenger side.
Chuck
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 10 2008, 04:36 PM) *

Your longs are weak. Weak in a Danielson way. Check out what a masters longs look like !

That second pic looks like what I found under the gas tank of mine. I kept clogging the shop vac when I tried to vacuum all the crap out of the front. I imagine I'm in for a few surprises when I tear into the longs.
euro911
Be careful when dealing with any rat or mice nests you find. I picked up a parts car, accidentally inhaled some rat-poopie dust and was seriously fuched up for over a month, on heavy antibiotics, etc. mad.gif

Wear a good mask and rubber gloves if you encounter this condition. Put disposable filters/bags in your vac and toss them when you empty the canister ...
Rusty
Andy... can he become the 914World mascot? I hear that rodents are all the rage these days! wub.gif
TravisNeff
Scooby Snacks!
mudfoot76
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 10 2008, 06:10 PM) *

how about this? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

YOU FOUND NARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TeenerTim
IPB Image
racunniff
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 11 2008, 01:39 AM) *

Be careful when dealing with any rat or mice nests you find. I picked up a parts car, accidentally inhaled some rat-poopie dust and was seriously fuched up for over a month, on heavy antibiotics, etc. mad.gif

Wear a good mask and rubber gloves if you encounter this condition. Put disposable filters/bags in your vac and toss them when you empty the canister ...

agree.gif

And soak the whole mess thoroughly with a bleach / water mix before you get going. And use an appropriate *filter* mask - not just a dusk mask. If you smell the bleach, your mask is not good enough. Standard Hantavirus precautions... if your car rusts, you can fix it. If your lungs corrode, or if you catch Hantavirus, you could be dead.
sww914
I found some really large lingerie in my dad's 914, soon to be mine. A bra, panties, and a garter belt sized to fit Tiny Tim's lovely lady.
I had to wonder, how did a girl that big find a way to remove that stuff inside a 914?
They musta greased her up first.
Jeffs9146
I was driving my Yellow one 20 years ago listening to the radio when everything went to static. I pulled over and found the antenna wire cut? WTF So I reach down to grab the other half of the wire and there is a HUGE Norwegien Blue Rat stairing back at me. I drove into a gas station and a guy there sprade some carb cleaner up into the stearing rack and I caught the rat in a bucket when it jumped out the other side!

Took the rat to the SPCA and they chowtime.gif it to an owl!

End of story piratenanner.gif
euro911
QUOTE(racunniff @ Jan 11 2008, 10:34 AM) *

agree.gif
... Standard Hantavirus precautions... if your car rusts, you can fix it. If your lungs corrode, or if you catch Hantavirus, you could be dead.

Luckily, I got over the Hanta Virus just in time to celebrate the Christmas season with my family ... where I proceeded to catch the SANTA Virus santa_smiley.gif

rolleyes.gif
woobn8r
My car camre up from Florida last winter... in the spring I was pulling spares out of the trunk and found a 5" gekko corpse under the headlight bucket....

Had to bury him (with honours) as my kids were with me when the discovery was made....sorry no pics.
Brando
Things you don't want to find in your 914

Aaron.

And Clayton.

True story.
VaccaRabite
Evidence that your car was part of the Big Bang sometime before you bought it, and you were too dumb to know what to look for.

Grrrrrrrrr

Zach
euro911
QUOTE(Brando @ Jan 11 2008, 03:21 PM) *

Things you don't want to find in your 914

Aaron.

And Clayton.

True story.

av-943.gif
72914S
I found "doobie" hidden behind the mirror.Sorry no pictures, I had to burn the evidence. smoke.gif
Demick
Looking into the intake or exhaust port, you don't want to see this
sww914
OK' it's not a 914 story, but when I lived in Hawaii, a Lincoln came in for some repairs. There was a strange animal sound coming from underneath.
We put the car on the lift and when we got it up in the air we found a scalded, live kitten hanging on to the transmission. It had one of it's paws stuck in a hole on the bellhousing and it couldn't get free. It survived a 20 mile drive through traffic on that hot tranny. It was completely wild for about a month, eventually it became the shop mouse catcher and very friendly.
Sorry to diverge from 914's, but I couldn't resist.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 10 2008, 03:10 PM) *

Brit and I unearthed this "mascot"@!@!@ chowtime.gif
EdwardBlume
Dad's car had a 12 inch lizard freeze dried in the engine compartment after laying around for 10+ years!!
JPB
I once did some duty on someone's car seat when I was a youngin. Hope it dosen't show up on this site. biggrin.gif
hcdmueller
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jan 11 2008, 06:31 PM) *

OK' it's not a 914 story, but when I lived in Hawaii, a Lincoln came in for some repairs. There was a strange animal sound coming from underneath.
We put the car on the lift and when we got it up in the air we found a scalded, live kitten hanging on to the transmission. It had one of it's paws stuck in a hole on the bellhousing and it couldn't get free. It survived a 20 mile drive through traffic on that hot tranny. It was completely wild for about a month, eventually it became the shop mouse catcher and very friendly.

I had the same thing happen about 10 years ago. The kitten found its way on top of my gas tank and road all the way home with me. 100+ miles. I parked the car in the driveway and my dad kept hearing this weird meow coming from the car. It was an old ford. We had to disassemble half the rear end to get the cat out. Not a 914 either but still crazy.
Sleepin
A girl with a skirt to match my seats...
IPB Image

....oh wait....Things you don't want to find in your 914....
Jax914
That's an every occurrence here in Florida.

First time my wife saw one in the house - she called me at work!!! COME AND GET IT!!! av-943.gif

Now it's no big deal.

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Jan 11 2008, 06:03 PM) *

My car camre up from Florida last winter... in the spring I was pulling spares out of the trunk and found a 5" gekko corpse under the headlight bucket....

Had to bury him (with honours) as my kids were with me when the discovery was made....sorry no pics.

euro911
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 12 2008, 09:49 AM) *
A girl with a skirt to match my seats...

I was just about to say "ARE YOU KNUTZ?" shades.gif

... but then read your additional text at the bottom biggrin.gif

I wouldn't mind some red plaid covering my passenger seat ... shocked[1].gif
Sleepin
One is good.....three is better!!!!! biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jan 11 2008, 06:31 PM) *

Golf that came in 2 years ago. EVERY time this girl had a problem with this car it was rat related. Wiring harness chewed up 3 times then this
LowGT
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 12 2008, 08:03 PM) *

Golf that came in 2 years ago. EVERY time this girl had a problem with this car it was rat related. Wiring harness chewed up 3 times then this

Did the rat problems stop after that incident? biggrin.gif
smj
A friend had an old 80s Honda Accord hatchback, and the mice loved it. She was always taking it to the shop they used for "that smell." Got to the point where she had a half dozen little mouse stickers stuck on the passenger side of the dash before she stopped counting. But she never quite got used to going out to the garage and, when she started the car, hearing that telltale, "Sqweeee--!"

[Ob. Porsche content: They had a vast garage where I did most of the work on my '85.1 944]
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 10 2008, 03:10 PM) *

Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding.

I had a big Possum in mine. Scared the crap out of me when I pulled the car cover off and opened the door. I had the lower rear firewall cut out so the interior was open. I knew something was going to nest in there. It ran away and went up in the engine compartment of my Dodge Ram parked behind the 914. I didnt waste anytime opening the hood. I just started it up. Never saw that Pussum again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.