Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear shock parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Was looking for new rubber shock stops (91433305301). Found them rotted away on a 74 I am rebuilding. Do you really need these things? I guess they would do some good when the shock goes fully compressed, but how often does that happen?
At $70 (each?) or so, maybe they are not that important. Maybe they are??? Thanks for the opinions / guidance.
roadster fan
The suspension experts should chime in here, but you NEED them. You should be able to find a better price on them, I will do a quick search and let you know.

Jim
EJP914
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jan 10 2008, 07:23 PM) *

The suspension experts should chime in here, but you NEED them. You should be able to find a better price on them, I will do a quick search and let you know.

Jim

Jim: Thank you for your help. I appreciate your searching around.
914Sixer
I do not think you need them for gas shocks. They were for rebound on the orginal hydraulic shocks. They do rot away quickly. I have a new set on my suspension that is waiting to be put one the car. The were shot in less than 1 yr in storage.
McMark
You can get them cheaper than that. They're everywhere. I would guess you'd pay around $5 each.

Call EASY - 510.653.3279
Joe Ricard
If you don't use them you will quickly be replacing your shocks. You only need to bottom out a shock once and it is toast.
The rubber bump stop or the softer Koni foam bump stop will help prevent this.
Mostly because most 914 owners run thier car too low. Yes I do run my car low as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.