Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Stop Progress Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
I bought this car in May of 2007 site unseen and had it shipped. Of course, the pics I saw in advance didn't quite cover everything. The car had 58k original miles and had been sitting in a barn for 12 years. It had only been driven 3000 miles in the 14 years before that. So I figured it shouldn't need too much right? When I first got it I decided to go for a drive to work...by the time I got home it was pouring gas and driving poorly. I made the call to tear down the engine and completely rebuild/detail the thing. I powder coated most everything and couldn't be happier. It now drives like a champ...thanks to Jake's video and help from you guys beerchug.gif . The body was pretty damn solid (no rot underneath and longs look factory fresh). The interior is all original and is almost perfect, so I didn't bother replacing any of it (one little tear in one seat bottom and two little cracks on the dash). After looking over the body when it got here, I decided it would need paint to make me happy as it had too many small blemishes. So I stripped it down and painted it in the garage with a buddy of mine. It is borderline perfect. I could not be happier with the paint. The battery tray needed a little work and the holes under the rear reflector had to go. This project of course snowballed and I spent way to much time (roughly 230 hours) and money...oh well. I think the wife will forgive me eventually now that the garage is back in order. I bought refurbed wheels from Alex Magro as two of my originals were cracked...oops. I should note that the guys at Auto Atlanta have been a great help as they have stuff you can not get anywhere else...those guys rock. George deserves way more praise than he gets around here. Well here are a ton o pics...
Big thanks to my Dad for coming down on the weekends to help knock this out before my new baby boy was born. I think we got it on the road just a few days before he came out!
beer3.gif
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
Bogaat
TravisNeff
Holy crap, you did a great job!
TeenerTim
This is a total Photoshop job right? Nobody actually finishes a 914 project.
It looks great. smilie_pokal.gif
pin31
Wow !!!!!

Excellent !!!!
anderssj
agree.gif Really NICE work--pretty cool original spare tire too . . .

What kind of fuel pump is that? (Doesn't look like OEM)

Where did you get mount?

Again, really good work!

Steve A-
Bogaat
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jan 11 2008, 03:00 PM) *

agree.gif Really NICE work--pretty cool original spare tire too . . .

What kind of fuel pump is that? (Doesn't look like OEM)

Where did you get mount?

Again, really good work!

Steve A-

Thank you sir. The pump is from a 75-76. They are a lot cheaper than the original 74! I used the mounts from the orig pump and a strip of rubber to mount the newer guy. It is a bit noisier than I would like...might try swapping for another it to see if it gets any better. I think I may have one of the lines running too high or something as I run out of gas when there is still gas in the tank! Oh well, I just won't let it get under an 1/8th of a tank. biggrin.gif
Allan
Excellent!!!

Car looks great...
type47
whoa! incredible job..... pray.gif
robby750
Very nice! I can't believe you completed all that work in such a short amount of time. Good job!
Tom
That looks really nice. You do great work. Too bad you aren't closer, I would be happy to have you work on mine- that is if you were looking for work- HA, HA. Really , you did a great job. I like the detailing on the engine.
Tom
9146FAN
Looks great. My project is taking waaaay longer (going on three years).
Congrats!

PS; Nice color!
jwalters
Car of the Month???? I would say yes!
jd74914
Very nice biggrin.gif
orthobiz
BEauty, but then, you and I both know

ORANGE ROCKS!!!!!

Paul
jaminM3
Wow! thumb3d.gif

That has to be a record. I don't recall anyone doing as much to a car as you did in such a short time.

Congratulations!
aktion035.gif
Bogaat
Thanks for all of the kind words...I couldn't have done it without 914world beer3.gif . My advice is to avoid this type of project if you are married with children unless you are going to take your time. I sacrificed way too much family time to get this done. I should have taken 6 years and not 6 months to do what I did. dry.gif
It is fun driving it every day though! May not be so fun in the summer...time will tell.
beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.