Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plastic Hole Plugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
McMark
Porsche used various sizes of clear plastic hole plugs in the cars, I'd like to compile a list of:

a.) How many plugs?
b.) What are their sizes?
c.) Where are they located?

I know there are two on the top of the transmission cross members. There are two on the bottom of the cross member on non-swaybar cars.

I know they were used more places.
boxstr
Actually there are three in the holes in the rear trunk. There is a plastic plug for that really small hole between the two larger ones.
Craig C. Laughlin
Oregon Region
JeffBowlsby
Both my 74 cars have rear sway bars and both large plastic plugs on both the top and bottom
McMark
Thanks guys! thumb3d.gif

I remember two more, the back side of the front suspension mount in the front trunk.
IronHillRestorations
The small hole in the rear trunk is for the spare tire bolt.
9146FAN
My '70 has three plastic plugs on each side where the bolts that hold the rear trailing arms bolt to the suspension consul. My guess is they're 8-10mm. I don't think they were used on later cars.

There's also 3 small plastic plugs on the underside of the roll-bar. They cover the ski rack mounting holes.

watsonrx13
There are (3) plastic plugs on each side of the car that cover the rear suspension bolts that hold the shim plate for the rear axles...

-- Rob

For the interior, there are:

(5) on the bottom of the roll bar pad
(7) on the front of the roll bar pad
(1) on either end of the knee pad - (2) total
(2) on the driver's arm rest

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.