Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Haas roadster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
Anyone else familiar with this thing?

Built on a '34 Ford roadster. It has a 2 liter four cylinder Ecotec motor putting down over 800 horsepower (on Speed Channel they said 900 horsepower now)!!

AND, it's street legal. AND, in 2004 they drove it from Pomona to the salt flats (almost 700 miles), raced it and ran 210 mph, then drove it back home!

IPB Image

http://www.jimmyshine.com/hotrod-haas.htm
effutuo101
They had the build on Speed. Pretty cool.
TJB/914
Rand & others,

I don't know anything about this car, but will inquiry with a friend.

These Bonneville Salt cars are interesting & someday I hope to attend a race. Salt car racers are a special cult group of people. My best friend during high school years races @ Bonneville in his "yellow" roadster (see photo). Bob Jackson (River Bob) is in the 200-mph club last I heard. Bob & I built many Hot Rods in our youth. Bob moved to CA many years ago & we still keep in contact. I recently missed an invite to attend Bonneville with some of our other high school car friends when Bob was attempting to break his class record (forgot what class over 200mph)??

Anybody else have salt car pictures?

Tom
Rand
I thought it was especially cool they drove it out there and back, 1400 mile round trip. I mean, who wouldn't assume that thing came in a trailer? How often do you hear about a >210MPH race car with that kind of power per liter (2L, 4cyl, >800HP!!) being driven to an event, let alone that far?
aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.