Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EuroSunday 1-13-07...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
well after going several times over the last year, I finally have my car to the point that I can actually participate smilie_pokal.gif

anyone else going??
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jan 11 2008, 04:00 PM) *

well after going several times over the last year, I finally have my car to the point that I can actually participate smilie_pokal.gif

anyone else going??

Maybe... Where is it going to be held this time? My friend is a sponsor. I will be at his shop in the morning...
biosurfer1
its at the Pavilions...off Fair Oaks and Howe.

I'd love to check out your car if you can make it...I'll probably get there around 8:30.

Buy ya a Starbucks if you take me for a drive:)

btw..which shop?
eg914
According to their site this Sunday is EuroSunday Plus. Sounds like something new, any idea what the "plus" is?

They are still listing the 4th Sunday as the regular EuroSunday.
RoadGlue
For those of you that are totally clueless about what EuroSunday is (like me!), I found this online:
http://www.eurosunday.net/
biosurfer1
i saw that too about the EuroSunday "Plus" thing...not sure what that means though. Their calender shows each event and it looks like maybe they feature a different make? This sunday is BMW, next month is Porsche/Mercedes.
cobra94563
Looks like in February, they'll have a location in the bay area..
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jan 11 2008, 06:35 PM) *

its at the Pavilions...off Fair Oaks and Howe.

I'd love to check out your car if you can make it...I'll probably get there around 8:30.

Buy ya a Starbucks if you take me for a drive:)

btw..which shop?

IPB Autosports is the shop. Ron Kain is the owner. He is one of the fastest 914 pilots around. Taking some time off racing to do some parenting...
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Planning ahead. wink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 12 2008, 09:34 AM) *

Planning ahead. wink.gif

My gosh!!! You Colorado guys get testy when you are trapped inside with snow on the ground! rolleyes.gif

We will snap some up for ya Mikey!
Gint
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 12 2008, 10:38 AM) *

Planning ahead. wink.gif

My gosh!!! You Colorado guys get testy when you are trapped inside with snow on the ground! rolleyes.gif

You California guys are spoiled. laugh.gif You think a little snow on the ground traps us Colorado guys inside. smile.gif My 914 made two trips to work this week. In fact on Wednesday I drove it home while the snow fell.

I'm heading out here in a few minutes. driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 12 2008, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 12 2008, 10:38 AM) *

Planning ahead. wink.gif

You California guys are spoiled. laugh.gif You think a little snow on the ground traps us Colorado guys inside. smile.gif My 914 made two trips to work this week. In fact on Wednesday I drove it home while the snow fell.

I'm heading out here in a few minutes. driving.gif

Oh I know... I was just teasing. My sister lives in Cherry Creek and my mother lives 4 blocks from Columbine HS. I spend a few days a year there...
Gint
Just got back from a 3 hour tour. It was a little chilly coming home. But I'm still wearing shorts and just a sweatshirt.

Sorry for the hijacked.gif. But this thread did need some pics. wink.gif

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 12 2008, 03:35 PM) *

Just got back from a 3 hour tour. It was a little chilly coming home. But I'm still wearing shorts and just a sweatshirt.

Click to view attachment

Those Panasports are sooooooo sexy... Or are they Minilites?
biosurfer1
here's what i'll be bringing...since its finally running (sort of):

Click to view attachment

and the rest of my new garage. still figuring out where everything is going to go...

Click to view attachment
Gint
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 12 2008, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 12 2008, 03:35 PM) *

Those Panasports are sooooooo sexy... Or are they Minilites?
I'm pretty happy with them. They're 15x7 Superlites...

Superlite wheel thread
PatW
Rob was there and another 914 owner's name I forgot. Rob, good talking with you..
biosurfer1
When did you guys get there??? I was there from 8:30-9:20. Nothing but BMW's and a few others there so I left.

A couple things I noticed:
Some BMW owners make Porsche owners seem laid back. A couple was trying to park early on (8:30) and go to Starbucks and some BMW owner was yelling at them to not park there since they wanted to use it for other BMW's. I know its nice to have them all lined up but there were already tons of cars for the show taking up spaces and it was still early, how long could the couple have taken in Starbucks? 10 minutes max?? seemed out of line and bitchy.

A lady who went into Starbucks stopped and talked to a couple people about the cars and what was going on. She asked when the next show was and said she wouldn't mind bringing her car...but then asked "Mercedes' are still considered European, right?" biggrin.gif

I guess the EuroSunday Plus focuses on what ever car is featured that month...hopefully Porsche will represent next month!! BMW did have a great turnout.

Pictures!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
biosurfer1
The only 914 I saw (which I brought biggrin.gif )

Click to view attachment

a close relative...

Click to view attachment

Eyecandy..

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
eg914
I didn't get there until around 9:45 (I think). Sorry I missed you Brett!

Hopefully we can get a decent turnout for the Plus next month.
biosurfer1
Damn Bill, I was hoping to show you that not only do I actually have a 914, but that it does run on occasion:)

I will most likely be there in two weeks for the regular EuroSunday, but will for SURE be there next month.
Cap'n Krusty

anyone else going??

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're a year late ...................... The Cap'n
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jan 13 2008, 04:57 PM) *

Damn Bill, I was hoping to show you that not only do I actually have a 914, but that it does run on occasion:)

I will most likely be there in two weeks for the regular EuroSunday, but will for SURE be there next month.

Brett,
I got there about 9:30. I watched Bill pull in a few minutes later. Pat came up and we talked for a few minutes... Lots of nice Bimmers there. More M cars than I have ever seen in one place. Even saw a Z4 M Roadster which is a fairly rare car.
One Ferrari and a Pantera... Some Hondaboy came cruising through rather briskly to piss the organizer off.
Nice event. I will try to make the next general one in two weeks...
Nice chatting with Bill and catching him up on current affairs.
Sorry I missed you. The car looks good and we have to admit you do have evidence of a running 914!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 13 2008, 05:14 PM) *

anyone else going??

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're a year late ...................... The Cap'n

I don't get it? EuroSunday is a local Sacramento event held every month all year. Why would he be a year late? Are you thinking of German Autofest?
biosurfer1
ya, I don't get that either Cap'n??

I'll catch up with everyone in two weeks Rob..
Gint
Cap'n is getting old...

That's a pretty good turn out for a monthly event. Great pics. Thanks. I still want a 2002 one of these days.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 13 2008, 06:31 PM) *

Cap'n is getting old...

That's a pretty good turn out for a monthly event. Great pics. Thanks. I still want a 2002 one of these days.

Actually Mike, The regular event which is just EuroSunday gets 40 - 50 cars every month... Sometimes they have a drive that goes along with it. They are doing a EuroSunday Rally coming up in April. Some really exotic stuff shows up too. Carrera GT, GT40, Enzo at one... There was an '89 Speedster today. Those are getting 3 times original these days at least...
Cool events.
biosurfer1
Gint, when I bought my 914, I was looking for either a 2002 or a 914. Which ever showed up in the condition I was looking for first, I bought...you can see which one won.

I really like both

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.