Ya'll weren't kidding. the addiction takes hold FAST
newest addition.
details later tonight.

some teasers:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

'73 1.8L w/ factory AC/wheels (i think they are the 5.5" wide)
anymore cool info ya'll can gather from the pics? color code was ravenna green (original as well)

this this wreaks stock and is in AWESOME condition!

more pics to follow tonight
yenningComity
Dont you mean 74 1.8?
914Sixer
Where did you find it? I have been looking for cars for several months.
So.Cal.914
I think the 74 had tits on front and back. confused24.gif
jonferns
Dont you mean 74 1.8?

early style gauges and fog switch, unless its an early '74.

anderssj
I would have guessed '72 based on the green fog-light switch . . . . biggrin.gif
ejm
air filter looks like 1.7
SirAndy
agree.gif looks like a '73 1.7L ...

does it have tits on the front bumper? if so, it's a '73. if not, it's a late '72 ...

engine is 1.7L, not 1.8L ...
bye1.gif Andy
yenningComity
I wasn't looking at the pics but i said 74 since 1.8 didnt come until then. Shoulda known better I have a 73 so I know what the air filter looks like doh.
Tom
OK , it's official. You have the disease and it is running it's course - ( usually takes many many years to get cured of it ). Some of us never do. I am having a relapse after not having a 914 for 22 years. No, I don't know how I ever survived without one.
Looks promising. Good luck with this one. Maybe you can get it up and running well while you complete the other one.
Tom
EdwardBlume
Now all it needs is a set of longhorns on the hood! Yee haw burnout.gif
So.Cal.914
Just curious, whats the first part of the vin#.
stateofidleness
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
stateofidleness
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
stateofidleness
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
stateofidleness
i like the irony of the plate frame:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
stateofidleness
Click to view attachment
stateofidleness
Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
Nice 73. smile.gif
Spoke
Nice ride! Love the Ravenna green. So how does it run? handling? brakes?

Spoke
rick 918-S
Ravenna wub.gif Needs tartan wub.gif
JPB
You probably feel healthier than ever! I would say have a couple more and you'll feel just right. Sweet car and money well spent. If you can't handel your new found health, send them both to me and I'll take care of them brother. beer.gif
stateofidleness
she runs beautifully and brakes are top notch! handles great too!

only thing is its got a "drip" of oil or gas (i think oil, ill check it out today) onto the HE's.. need to hunt it down

but it is definitely daily driver material! im happy
Rusty
Nice car... I've always loved ravenna green. smile.gif
stateofidleness
i really suck at driving a manual lol
but practicing sure is fun!

this thing turns heads no matter where its at!

some updates on other stuff i found today:
- a NOS hella taillight (made in germany) in the original Hella box
- a set of NOS brake pads
- an OLD pack of camel lights
- a fire extinguisher
- 0.48$
- book AND box of matches
- the "missing" spare tie down plate
- a can of cocoa butter under the headlight housing
- an old AMT foot air pump
- AND when i went to pick up the title today the guy tells me (oh yea i found the carpet for the rear trunk!!)

and i verified on the spare the size, it says: 5 1/2Jx15 (these are Mahles correct? worth?)
So.Cal.914
Riveras, and not much. Sorry.
stateofidleness
cool thanks. i was just wondering if i should throw some repro fuchs on it or not to keep the stock ones in good condition

its so fun to drive!!!!

hearin the engine behind your head... ahh ... its just "an experience".. thats the only way i can describe it
JeffBowlsby
Any indication on the AC condenser in the cabin of who made it? A few photos pleez...it doesnt look like the usual VPC or DPD AC units.
stateofidleness
ill go snap some more pics for ya
pete914
i bet that oil leak is your push rod tube seals or possibly on the gasket for your oil cooler. those two spots are notorious. i have the same problem with my push rod seals leaking. gets messy down there because of it. however, i haven't found the leak to be bad enough to do the job, it's messy and a good explanation of it can be found in tech tips by george hussey.

car looks awesome! i love the wheels. I wanted those originally but went with some empi's i found for $50. can't beat that. Plus, you have the fuel injection system and what looks like a/c...what more could you want?
suggests somebody was taking care of that car.
stateofidleness
all my stands and ramps are in use by the other car so i havent been able to get up under yet but i think you may be right on the oil cooler gasket.. seems like that is EXACTLY where it is leaking from... it IS messy under there.. any suggestions on cleaning it up without dropping the engine?

oh yea, i took some cool vids of it being driven today... ill figure out a way to upload em here in a sec so ya'll can check it out

it also idles a little low or something.. when its idling and you rev, it wants to die instead of rev the engine.. im not sure what to adjust

stateofidleness
only markings on the interior ac system:
Click to view attachment

front of unit:
Click to view attachment

with seat covers removed:
Click to view attachment

she needs a name:
Click to view attachment
jonferns
looks sweet man
stateofidleness
anyone got some spare jack hole plugs? any condition, just wanna keep somethin in those holes
Gint
Not bad! Jack hole plugs are $3.25 at Pelican. Too cheap...
stateofidleness
cool lol.. damn shouldve added em with my recent order for the free shipping lol... bah
CMONNETT
I probably have some plugs around you can have. I've got five cars worth of parts. I need to start getting rid of some of it. Nice score on the car btw. It looks my first 914. I hope you enjoy it.

Chris
jaminM3
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jan 13 2008, 05:01 PM) *

she needs a name:

Kermit?
Booger
Envy

Too obvious confused24.gif
74914LE
The Heatransfer Corp. A/C Unit is an interesting set up. I have one on a 72 car I
picked up in Houston serveral years back. The company was based out of San Antonio, so it must have been a regional add on for 914's in the state. This is only
the second car I have ever seen with this type of unit. Glad to know there are others out there. I like the set up, as it allows the compressor to be attached, without cutting the engine tin. I plan on cutting it over to the new coolant this summer and giving it a try. With the way the York is mounted, it might be an
opportunity to convert to the rotary type compressor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.