Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jan/Feb Car of the Month Winner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
The first Car of the Month Winner for 2008 is...

Howard's car "Suzi".

IPB Image

His car will be featured on the homepage for January and February and in the pinned COTM thread in the Garage! Also, the Car of the Month Award has been added to his profile.

Next voting will be on/about March 1st!

Congratulations! smilie_pokal.gif

-Rusty
Rusty
P.S. If you have other pictures of or information about the car (year, displacement, modifications)... please post it. McMark is assembling the new homepage now!
rick 918-S
Thanks to everyone that voted for our friends cars. This is a very fitting way to start the new car of the month home page. aktion035.gif

Were coming up on 6 months since Howard left us. dry.gif
KaptKaos
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I miss Howie. sad.gif
SLITS
Car is a "stock" 2.0 with D-Jet. It runs like no other 2.0 I have ever driven. Howie loved this car ... more than Moby (V8) and Dietrich (996)

Bumpers are FG.

Was set up for track use, but Howie cut the roll cage out of it. Still has the 5 points in it. Car handles like it is glued to the ground ...

Family will not sell this car .... it will go into storage and hopefully come out for events as it did the Hangover Rally. The family has realized how much Howie was loved by us and the impact he had on the world of 914s.

Prior to going into storage, a group of us will get together, fix a couple of things (brakes) and prep it for storage.

Thanks to all for making our departed friends' car #1 in 2008.

Gint
Howie let me take Lisa for a drive in it at RRC06. It's a damn fine 914. RIP Howie.
Sleepin
aktion035.gif Very cool! I hope Suzi can make the Rt66 Ramble '08!
championgt1
smilie_pokal.gif Great choice.
SLITS
For those that didn't know Howard and haven't found enough information on World, I am going to post a link to NARP where another series of threads can be found.

Howard

His ordinariess was extrodinary or in his words ..... "I am a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, covered with secret sauce".
JoeSharp

Thanks Guys. I'm am very moved.......
Rusty
Ron, thank you for the link. Great thread, I think I found pictures we can use.

-Rusty
MoveQik
Solid.
EdwardBlume
Very fitting!!! Great car, great guy.
Lou W
I found this picture of Howard from one of our R & G BBQ's, he's on the far right. That is really cool that his car was picked smile.gif
Joe Bob
Word.....
TROJANMAN
Nice smile.gif
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 12 2008, 10:40 AM) *

aktion035.gif Very cool! I hope Suzi can make the Rt66 Ramble '08!

I'm working on that wink.gif

drew365
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 12 2008, 04:54 PM) *

For those that didn't know Howard and haven't found enough information on World, I am going to post a link to NARP where another series of threads can be found.

Howard

His ordinariess was extrodinary or in his words ..... "I am a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, covered with secret sauce".

That quote was from FerrariChat. When it came to wit, Howard didn't descriminate, he liked to spread it around.
SLITS
QUOTE(drew365 @ Jan 14 2008, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 12 2008, 04:54 PM) *

Howard

That quote was from FerrariChat. When it came to wit, Howard didn't descriminate, he liked to spread it around.

He did spread a big pile of the brown stuff around the internet.
Grimstead
I'll add my "Me Too" here as well. I'd like to think he would have won even if he was still with us.
smilie_pokal.gif

PS, I'm honored that you choose my picture of Howard & Lisa to use on the front page. Here is another favorite from the trip that would have been better if Ronnie & Lisa didn't go all blurry before I took the shot and dam BJ decided if he wanted in or out of the photo (of course none of these were my fault idea.gif ).
Mrs. K
Wow! smile.gif

I have been so busy, I totally missed this!

Good job Howie wub.gif

Here is one of my favorite pics of Suzi from *on the road to Moab 06*
What a great trip indeed! laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Lisa
mrs.K.gif

Mrs. K
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 12 2008, 11:28 AM) *

Howie let me take Lisa for a drive in it at RRC06. It's a damn fine 914. RIP Howie.

.........I ain't sayin' nuthin' dry.gif

biggrin.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Jan 15 2008, 01:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 12 2008, 11:28 AM) *

.........I ain't sayin' nuthin' dry.gif

biggrin.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif

Hi Lisa! bye1.gif
Toast
Congratulations Howie!!
smilie_pokal.gif

I sure do miss you. sad.gif

Thank's for being there in spirit for me on those nights when I can't shut off the waterworks.

howard.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.