Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 S conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
I want to do the Wevo thing and was wondering if I could use the 911 hubs and axels on my 914 rear? Will the hubs press right in and what about the brakes, can i use the stock setup? if you wanna know, have a donor available so am considering it. beer.gif
sixgt
It's been a while but think the problem is matching everything up, that is stub axles and hubs and then matching them up with the CVs and the axles. If you use 911 everything, I think that you can press the hubs into the trailing arms but the axel length is different. You may need a spacer on the CV or longer axles. That is why a lot of people go 914-6 hubs and stubs because you can use 914 axles. Hope that helps.
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(JPB @ Jan 12 2008, 11:54 AM) *

I want to do the Wevo thing and was wondering if I could use the 911 hubs and axels on my 914 rear? Will the hubs press right in and what about the brakes, can i use the stock setup? if you wanna know, have a donor available so am considering it. beer.gif

The 911 hubs and axels are no problem if you are running a 915 trans. You will need the inner and outer hub spacers made by Patrick Motorsports so your rotors are centered in the stock 914 rear calipers. You will of course also need 914-6 rear (5 lug) rotors. Easy swap and well worth it (cheap) Stock 914 rear wheel bearings are utilized.

Call Jim Patrick at PMS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.