Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Total noob question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stepuptotheMike
So I'm trying to get the engine and trans split apart. I've got all 4 bolts off, the starter is gone. I've broken it loose to the tune of about 4 or 5 mm seemingly all the way around.... but this damn thing just doesn't want to come apart.

Is there some magic trick that I'm missing here? I've tried raising/lowering the trans on my jack thinking that maybe I'm just off on the angle a bit. Still no dice. headbang.gif

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike
type47
i think only 4 bolts holds them together. my only thought is to make the engine and tranny align so there is no binding on the input shaft and the flywheel/pressure plate.
Dr. Roger
i've never experienced thi sbut is it possible the clutch plate could be stuck to the spline on the transaxle input shaft?

Has it been sitting a while?
stepuptotheMike
yes... it's been sitting for quite a while....it's made some progress, but still won't come completely apart.

Here's a pic of as far apart as I have gotten it.

Click to view attachment

Mike
benalishhero
sounds like tranny spline is stuck to the driven plate
stepuptotheMike
Finally..... success. The POS came apart. Ended up having to pry it apart with wood block. This tranny case has been welded up a couple of times. 1 at the bell housing and then once at the rear mount.

Next step.... pull it apart and see what it looks like on the inside.

-Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.