Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanic Needed. Dallas, TX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WoodOne337
Hello,

I am looking for an individual or shop to install a front and rear suspension on a 76. I have the front inserts, rear shocks (Bilstein) and Weltmeister 100# springs. I also have the rear sway bar drop link bushings.

I have been quoted $450.00 for the install plus $200.00 for an alignment from one of the local shops here in town. I think that is overpriced. I would really like to find an experienced 914 individual that would like to make some money.

If anyone can help or knows someone that can, please give them my email. I am ready now, but can wait a couple weeks if needed.

Woodone337@gmail.com

Thanks, Scott
Rusty
Clay Perrine is in the DWF area... he's ASE certified.

Do you just need these parts replaced? Most of this can be done with hand-tools... except for the torquing.

WoodOne337
QUOTE(Rusty @ Jan 12 2008, 05:12 PM) *

Clay Perrine is in the DWF area... he's ASE certified.

Do you just need these parts replaced? Most of this can be done with hand-tools... except for the torquing.

Yes, The car in all original and the suspension is just old and tired. I don't have the knowledge yet to do this install on my own, but would like to watch and learn. I have heard good things about Clay, I might have even spoke to him once. Not sure. Any other recommendations?
LowGT
QUOTE(WoodOne337 @ Jan 12 2008, 05:26 PM) *

Any other recommendations?

Wes Hildreth at H&H in Plano. He does great work and has a ton of experience. He works at his own pace though, so I hope the car is not your daily driver.

WoodOne337
Sent Clay an IM, His Email does not seem to be working.
Bryho
I passed your email along to Rich Lambert in Ft. Worth

He does awesome work, mostly race cars, and is the most knowledgable person on Porsches that I know.
Bryho
Wes and Clay are also very good.
WoodOne337
QUOTE(Bryho @ Jan 13 2008, 09:01 AM) *

I passed your email along to Rich Lambert in Ft. Worth

He does awesome work, mostly race cars, and is the most knowledgable person on Porsches that I know.

Thanks, Hopefully one of these guys will contact me.
ClayPerrine
You rang?

I can take a look at the car one Sunday, or you can bring it to Zims where I can work on it on a Saturday.

WoodOne337
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 13 2008, 08:18 PM) *

You rang?

I can take a look at the car one Sunday, or you can bring it to Zims where I can work on it on a Saturday.

Let me know when and where. Sundays will work fine.
WoodOne337
QUOTE(WoodOne337 @ Jan 14 2008, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 13 2008, 08:18 PM) *

You rang?

Let me know when and where. Sundays will work fine.

Evening bump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.