Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coil help with Unilite
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hey guys...
OK so I have a 2.0 with Unilite that was turning over but no spark. Narrowed it down the the coil. It was running for a couple of years with a Bosch blue coil WITHOUT internal resistor and no external ballast resistor. Bought a test coil at FLAPS WITH internal resistor and it fired right up. I'm going to buy a real coil before driving it too much so I want to know for sure which to get.

Here are my options as I understand them

1) Coil w/ internal resistor
2) Coil w/o internal resistor (and use an external ballast resistor?)

Thanks!
Jake Raby
You are correct.. The real Bosch Blue has the internal resistor needed for the Uni-Lite.
Thanks Jake...I was hopeing you would respond. Is this what you recommend or is there something better for a few more $? Do you sell them? BTW I think the Unilite was purchased from you by the PO.
KaptKaos
I have one of those too. It's my understanding that there are different versions of the bosch blue coil. How do I make sure that the one that I have has the internal resistor?
porsche914gt
I looked at this page when I bought my new coil for my Mallory
http://www.ratwell.com/technical/BlueCoil.html
VaccaRabite
Huh. When I got my engine, it had an external resistor from the coil to the mallory. Now I am fighting the urge to run out and see which "blue coil" I have. Staying focused when working from home can be rough...

Zach
Gint
laugh.gif If you're reading this site, you're not "working".
VaccaRabite
Feh. I've been sitting in front of this infernal machine for well over 10 hours today, linked into the machine at my office, 45 miles away. I deserve a break every now and again.

I both love and hate Remote Desktop sometimes.

Zach
Gint
I was doing it myself today. Waited for SAN storage from Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and the gomers finally got it done late Saturday night so I got to work 4+ hours today. And then spent another couple of hours screwin with 914world tech articles.

You can't even get in a good sick day anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.