Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Southern PA VW Club
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Hey all you south central PA peeps.

Back around November I joined the SPVWC. http://www.spvwc.org/

They are sanctioned by VW, and are mainly air cooled folk (though water cooled guys are not discriminated against.)

Anyhow, I went to their winter party over the weekend. I think I may be the only 914 member, but everyone was friendly. Also, there are a lot of air cooled contacts there. Found another air cooled garage in Red Lion (May's Garage). Found two machineists, one in Glen Rock, and one in Reading. I met the folks that live down the street from me that have the Beetle and the two Things.

Erin won a RC VW bus and I got a Matchbox Pinto as door prizes (woot!). A brief moment of hilarity ensued as I was the person that drew Erin's number for the door prize. They also had a gift exchange, trivial, and sealed pack hot wheels racing. I did not come equiped for those, and Erin was winding down so we left the party around 8:30. Erin, who is now *visibly* pregnant, had a lot of the womenfolk fawning over her, and enjoyed herself.

Anyhow, the membership ranges from Reading to Baltimore on the N/S axis, and Abbotstown to Red Lion on the E/W axis. The core of the group is the York/ Dallastown/Red Lion area. They have monthly get togethers, garage days most friday nights, and try to go as a block to shows and races over the spring/summer/fall.

If you live around here, I think it is worth the $25 to sign up.

Oh, the guy that runs the sitre also runs http://flatfourvw.com/ so don't be surprised if while surfing the SPVWC site you get re-directed there at times. They don't have a forum, that I know of.

Zach
type47
idea.gif so, did they refer to you as NARVW? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.