Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Ebay dispute
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
Purchased an Item through ebay that was not compatible, even thought it was described to be.
Tried to contact the seller 4 times. Seller finally replied and said that he did not have record of doing business with me even though I went through the "Ask Seller a Question" section of the won item. dry.gif

Filed a Paypal dispute and they told me to go through the Resolution Center through ebay. Filed a Ebay dispute as "Item not as discribed".
I received a second email today stating that my case is going to be closed if I do not escalate the issue.(20 day time frame is almost up.) (already responded to the first email like that a couple of days ago.)
It also states the the seller has not responded. (duh).

This is a powerseller with 5000+feedback.

Is there anything else I can do to get my :trackfees: back?

Thanks.

toast.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That is why they call it "evilbay" They have a monopoly and know it, so make it as hard as can be to get anything handled. They just do not have ANY customer service. Too bad there is no competition. Needs a government breakup like they did to Standard Oil.
Even if they were a bunch of a holes and you could call and talk to a person it would be much better than the setup they have.
I would call the seller and talk to him personally.

QUOTE(Toast @ Jan 14 2008, 02:54 PM) *

Purchased an Item through ebay that was not compatible, even thought it was described to be.
Tried to contact the seller 4 times. Seller finally replied and said that he did not have record of doing business with me even though I went through the "Ask Seller a Question" section of the won item. dry.gif

Filed a Paypal dispute and they told me to go through the Resolution Center through ebay. Filed a Ebay dispute as "Item not as discribed".
I received a second email today stating that my case is going to be closed if I do not escalate the issue.(20 day time frame is almost up.) (already responded to the first email like that a couple of days ago.)
It also states the the seller has not responded. (duh).

This is a powerseller with 5000+feedback.

Is there anything else I can do to get my :trackfees: back?

Thanks.

toast.gif

orthobiz
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 14 2008, 05:34 PM) *

I would call the seller and talk to him personally.

I called someone once. There's some kinda way to release his number to you and your number to him/her.

It's a good idea.

biz
boxstr
Actually its not as evil as it sounds. It just takes time. So sit back and relax.
Go to the resloution center and escalate it to a PAYPAL CLAIM.
I assume you have read the tutorial in the resolution center? If not do so now!
Then the seller will be notified, the seller has 10or20 days to reply, if they do not then you win and you are refunded you funds. This is only if you paid through PAYPAL.

I just had $197.50 returned after a seller did not send a OILZUM porcelain sign that I won. It took a while but what the hell.
Craig C. Laughlin
alpha434
What I would recommend is that you do not leave negative feedback.

Just don't bother with it. If you leave him a negative, he will immediately leave YOU a negative- even though this isn't how the system is supposed to work. And from there, the only way that ebay will remove his negative feedback is if you actually sue him for defamation. Been there, done that. Get your cash, and ditch him.

I've made several claims through paypal. Paypal will return your cash immediately- after the dispute is decided in your favor. No problems and minimum hassle. I don't know what Doc is thinking, but he's old and fits the stereotype. (Eh... What? Computers!?! Thoses whatchamajiggits are just some sorta fad. Now if I can just remember where I left my glasses...)

Toast
I just got an email from paypal saying that they closed my case because I didnt respond. mad.gif Does their link not work? Do they not check their emails? Are they pretending like they never got my replies (more than likely!)? I did the process just as described. WTF.gif

I've tried to contact the seller, but the contact information on the seller's profile is no good (wow, that's a suprise mad.gif ).

Craig,
They said that the seller did not respond, but they still closed my case because supposidly they did not get my replies to escalate the matter. huh.gif

I've already tried filing a claim through PayPal, and they said that I needed to go through ebay (i'll have to look up the email to refresh my memeory why they wouldn't take the case).
The $ used from Paypal was already in my paypal account. It didn't come out of my back or credit card. So I can not got through the bank/card supplier.

So now I guess I will file a Fraud claim. dry.gif

Too late on the negative feedback.

confused24.gif

Thanks for the replies guys.

toast.gif
gregrobbins
Melba, if this is 914 related, let us know the details and who the seller is. Chances are that others will want to avoid buying from them in the future.
boxstr
You do have a time frame which you need to reply in. If you do not then they assume you do not wish to care the matter forward.
Sorry but yes it is tricky and they do put the responsiblity upon the buyer and seller.
I am not saying this is fair or right, but those are the ground rules as laid out and you either work with them or not.
Good luck.
Craig C. Laughlin
orange914
i'm thouroughly discusted with evil bay, not only did they just eliminate almost ANYTHING to do with firearms, but out of the years of sales and purchases (not a dealer just "stuff") i get this wacko scammer that purchased my stock taurus radio and claimed i sent a totally different style/year. (it was the ONLY radio i had so it wasnt misboxed). i communicated many responses trying to figure this out and do him right. every weird e-mail it became more obvious as i said i'd refund (although not obligated to) if he just sent same back in same condition. he even went to the trouble of taking a picture of the switched radio on my box. (this obviously sold e-bay resolution center to his side) after a real nasty first e-mail demanding money back including mail cost along with many back and forth comunications on trying to figure this out (i was)anyway. he put in a complaint to e-bay. LONG story short he was awarded full refund. i was very open to a possible answer to this bizzare "swap". but it's clear to me in the end

just before this final staw (e-bay ordered refund) i closed down my bank account linked to paypal. at this time the scam was not only obvious but personnal. KMA.gif

not sure were to go from here, but sure wont sell on e-bayanymore bs.gif
some people have nothin' better to do!

wish you good luck toast, press forward e-bay favors the buyers over the sellers

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.