Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 1.8 Throttle Body Spring Attachment Points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
Does anyone have pics of how the return spring connects from the throttle body to the plenum or engine tin? headbang.gif

Many thanks!

James
cooltimes
QUOTE(jesiv @ Jan 14 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Does anyone have pics of how the return spring connects from the throttle body to the plenum or engine tin? headbang.gif

Many thanks!

James

Hope this is what you need since it is the best I can find at this minute. Photo belongs to Ed V in NJ but I am certain he won't mind me sharing it with someone asking for some 914 help.
Just copy and zoom in closer. I think what you are asking can be seen that way.

Click to view attachment

Mike Cooley
TN
jesiv
Mike,

Thanks for the pics. What type of FI?

Regards,

james
cooltimes
QUOTE(jesiv @ Jan 14 2008, 08:24 PM) *

Mike,

Thanks for the pics. What type of FI?

Regards,

james

I put the right photo into the 1st post I did.
I work backwards to keep what I was saying clearer. LOL
Other photo was wrong view so I deleted it in my prior post.
All fuel injection return springs are attached to the metal on the engine side of the metal wall of the rear trunk. All the same. 1970 -1976.
You should be able to see where it attaches because there is a small raised place that the spring end hooks into.
I am confused why others have not made it easier by just taking a pix of their's and popping the photo into the thread.. Since I don't have a 914 anymore, I couldn't do the honor in the spirit of why we have a 914world site.

I'll help more if I can find more to offer.
***********MORE editing here********
Look at this 914world history link. Scroll down and see the 4 cyl engines like yours.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...57169&st=20

To answer the question. 1971 (I think) with a 1.7 engine. He made it a turbo.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.