Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear window defrost switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mdwman
The dash switch for my rear window defrost does not illuminate. Can anyone advise how to access the little bulb in the switch? Is it in the knob? Does the knob just unscrew off and viola or do you need to pry off the plastic ring? Just don't want to mess up my switch exploring. Thanks.
brownaar
If I remember correctly, the colored plastic insert "snaps" out of the rubber ring part that you pull on when you turn on the swith. The bulb then should pull out the front side of the switch. It is easier to work on if you unscrew the knob first. This is how the other illuminated switches work at least.
Aaron

QUOTE(mdwman @ Jan 15 2008, 06:13 AM) *

The dash switch for my rear window defrost does not illuminate. Can anyone advise how to access the little bulb in the switch? Is it in the knob? Does the knob just unscrew off and viola or do you need to pry off the plastic ring? Just don't want to mess up my switch exploring. Thanks.

McMark
agree.gif

Give the man a pony! thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.